Sign in to follow this  
LeShaun

South Africans In Montreal

LeShaun

Hey all.

Looks like there are a few Saffers here in Montreal.. more than what I've bumped into on the street anyway...

I've been here for about a year. Would like to grab a beer with other South Africans and lament our rugby and cricket (and other) teams... :)

NO, gotta stay positive hey...

I'm not working now - not legal yet, so got time on my hands...

Cheers

Shaun

LeShaun

I realy like Montreal a lot -very friendly citry, very cosmopolitan and very different from South Africa..!

Having lived in London for a while I find that Montreal has just the right balance - it's not too busy - you can actually use the Metro without being totally squashed.. but there is also always a lot happening... especially in summer..

Yes, the winter is cold and long...like the rest of Canada..but I still find it cool...and it's also a grewat town to learn French..obviously..!

I,ve actually met 3 other South Africans since I last posted here... and they tell me they know of a few others...according to them we are up to at least 8 now..!

maybe more..?

So anyway, we should all start communicating so we can arrange a gettogether.

P.S Thanks Ryan for the last gettogether at your place... was really good to speak Afrikaans and eat biltong and braaivleis...:rolleyes:

Any other Saffies in the area contact me at my e-mail shaunloubser@yahoo.com when you want to do something... ( I can send my phonenumber as well )

oops..!! gave the wrong email..!

It's shaunloubser@hotmail.com..!

Ricky

Welcome Shaun,

There are lots of South Africans in Montréal, but I only know a few. I live about 3 hours away from Montréal, to the east.

How do you find it over here? You have had all 4 seasons.

Ricky

dieulefit

My daughter is studying in Montreal. During one of her classes last week, she greeted a young lady next to her and thought she detected a South African accent, but was told she moved from Ireland! So my daughter proceeded by asking her where was she born and THEN the truth came forth - Cape Town! So the two of them continued a conversation in their best Afrikaans..... . A young man sat a few feet away from them and heard Afrikaans - called the two girls and said that he has quite a few South African friends. They went out for a drink on Saturday evening to celebrate their South African connections! I would not say that there are many South Africans in Montreal, but there are a few and for one, my daughter is SO in love with the City that she wants to be nowhere else in the world!

Monde

Well I am living in Hong Kong at the moment. I moved here from Cape town a few months ago and have been asked to move to Montreal.

So I am in the process of sorting out a visa and getting myself moved across. I should be there in a few months as my boss would like me there in July.

Would be great to meet up with some Saffers for a beer. It would also be great to meet a group of people to show me the ropes.

I am 31 year old male.

LeShaun

Hey Monde

We would be happy to show you the ropes and welcome you to Montreal..!

Let me know when you arrive!!

Monde
Hey Monde

We would be happy to show you the ropes and welcome you to Montreal..!

Let me know when you arrive!!

Thanks so much.

When I get a date I will let you know. Sending off my police clearance papers today. Luckily I know someone who works there so they are going to try and hurry them along.