Eastern Cape Support Group

Ansie

Hi to all

We would like to start off a support group, sharing info, links ,whatever we can, to help other like us ..in the process of immigrating to Canada.

Anyone interested in the Eastern Cape Province may reply, and of course all the other groups established to help with advise etc.

We are in Jeffreysbay , near PE (Port Elizabeth)

Ansie

Hi Ansie

I'm in East London although often travel to PE.

Give me a shout if you are planning a get together through the PM system on SA Canada.

Good luck

Tracy

Hi Ansie

I'm from Port Elizabeth. Let me know when there's a get together.

Regards,

Marilyn

Ansie - We also live in JBay and are landed immigrants to Canada.

To put it plainly,we have the PR Cards and Social Security Numbers in our backpockets.

I'm sure that we can contribute a bit to a support group,as we have done everything ourselves.

You can email me,and we can take it from there.

Deon Meyer

Good to see the support in the Eastern Cape. Hope you all benefit from your sharing of knowledge and contacts.

Hi

Manie (my husband) and I applied are also from PE - we are however leaving end of February!!!!

If you guys want to get together before then, let me know...

Regards,

B

Hi

Manie (my husband) and I applied are also from PE - we are however leaving end of February!!!!

If you guys want to get together before then, let me know...

Regards,

B

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will do so.Plan meeting next week. Would you guys be able to travel to J-bay?

Lets start off on Fridaynight,or any suggestions? We could meet at our house and then discuss future meetings?

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to enclose our adress. ?

Keep in touch. Or email us on aswan[at]lantic.net. for futher details.

Thankyou so much for everyone's response!!

Ansie& Gerrit :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Hi Ansie,

We have not heard from your coffee club for some time. Are you folk still meeting?

• 2 months later...

Ok all Eastern Capers

I'm taking the initiative here...

I'll be in Port Elizabeth on Friday, 17th June and would love to meet with anyone willing in the early afternoon for coffee. I'll have my boys with me so if you have children please bring them.

Any takers? If so , suggestions on where to meet? Sorry it's not a weekend but so the cookie crumbles!

Tracy

;)

Tracy, I hope you have a good turn out and are able to start the important process of Networking. I have had huge benigits from my networking efforts and will give more details once the deal is clinched.

Come folk rally around this invite to share experiences and help each other.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news from your coffee club meeting? Hope you folk were able to get a core of participants that will keep the idea alive.

Hi Larry

No takers! The trip was good though.

Take care

Tracy

Tracy , you will have to join Durb's. We may have ups and downs with turn out but most are grateful of the opportunity to discuss their issues and share information. We also rank networing high on the list and share our contacts that willing offer good guidance.

Thanks, Larry

Time is running out for us so doubtful we'll get to Durban... although it would have been fun!

However, we look forward to meeting some of you when you get over there.

We leave on 19 August and arrive in Calgary on 22nd after a short stay in London. Keen to get going although the nerves are now setting in. Lots to do before leaving.

Take care

Tracy ;)

Best of luck with your travels and hope you have some reception in Calgary. I leave for Canada today.

Hi Larry!

For someone who is so adamant about networking, you have sure kept your Canadian visit quiet! ;) Do contact me when (if) you get to Calgary, so we can arrange to meet!

Safe travels!

• 4 months later...
Hi to all

We would like to start off a support group, sharing info, links ,whatever we can, to help other like us ..in the process of immigrating to Canada.

Anyone interested in the Eastern Cape Province may reply, and of course all the other groups established to help with advise etc.

We are in Jeffreysbay , near PE (Port Elizabeth)

Ansie

Hello Ansie and all other Immigrants-In-Waiting,

Is the support group for the Eastern Cape area still operational? If so when will you be getting together again as my wife and I would like to attend your next meeting. We have applied to emigrate to Ontario, Canada under the Business Class Entrepeneur Immigration Programme.

Our family have been living in Brampton, Ontario, Canada for ten years. We have visited Canada three times for business purposes and to visit our family.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Kind Regards,

I'm not sure if they Eastern Cape coffee club ever got off the ground but that doesn't preclude anyone from starting one.

I'll be in PE over the festive season although I'm located in Johannesburg so if you would like to meet for coffee give me a shout.

I'm not sure if they Eastern Cape coffee club ever got off the ground but that doesn't preclude anyone from starting one.

I'll be in PE over the festive season although I'm located in Johannesburg so if you would like to meet for coffee give me a shout.

Nice Hearing from You Cathy,

I am interested in setting up a coffee club in Port Elizabeth, if there is no formal club meeting at present. Come on Port Elizabethans catch a wake-up and lets support a coffee club. If other provinces can do it we can.

Cathy, lets have coffee and compare notes when you are in Port Elizabeth over the festive season.

Thanks for the reply and I look forward to meeting and corresponding with you.