SA Passport renewal from Canada

GerhardSA

Hi Everyone.

Hope you all are well. 

I have a couple of questions and would very much like some opinions here as I cannot seem to find great information on the web.

1. When applying for the B-9 form (fingerprints), where to I send that envelop and request letter? Or, can I go to the Consulate-General in Toronto and pick it up there? 

2. The return of passports envelope (self addressed), is there a specific size that should be ? Do I assume that I can submit this in person with my application for the passports. 

3. I am applying for my kids as well as my own (so 3 passports) to be renewed. That "Notarized sworn affidavit stating that no other citizenship has been acquired" , can that just be me writing a letter indicating I have not applied for this (and one of these each for the kids passports), or does it need to be some sort of official document (not talking about that "BI 529 – Determination of citizenship" document that needs to be submitted as well. 

Thanks Everyone

• 2 weeks later...

Sample_of_Affidavit.pdf

Hi Gerhard

1) Sorry, I am not sure about that one as I applied for my little girl so she didn't need fingerprints, but the South African Consulate site says the below, so I would imagine you send the envelope and request to them following the directions below: http://www.southafrica-canada.ca/regular-south-african-passports-c55-processing-fee/. I believe you may be able to pick one up, depending on their Covid restrictions, you may have to make an appointment, just be mindful of their opening times.

image.thumb.png.4e313d2f52bee9c8768bb5d4698ca93b.png

2) I used an ExpressPost envelope as that was requested for in the Child's Passport section, I chose A4, as we also applied that for retention of citizenship so I just went with that option.

image.png.cdee3ece3e840830707e8e0934a81c9c.png

3) For the affidavit, attached is the sample that I got off the Consulate website for our Citizenship Retention which had the exact same requirement, you have to fill it in, print it and take it with you to a Notary Public, who will witness you sign and notarize it, as it is a Sworn Declaration/Oath that you are taking. I would suggest that if you are doing this affidavit for a child, that both parents sign this. I created a version where I put in a place for my husband and I to sign, but the rest of the wording remained the same (aside from changing I to we, etc.)

I hope this helps!

Edited by Reds