Sign in to follow this  
Spherocyte

Work permit processing

Spherocyte

Is anyone in the process of waiting for approval of their work permit? The lawyer working on behalf of my employer gives a processing time of 8 weeks however the IRCC website gives 17 weeks. I was asked to submit biometrics 3 days after I made my submission online and did the medical prior to submitting.  Anyone had a job specific work permit approved this year and how long did processing take for you?

• Like 1

Nelline

I'd like this info as well, as we've recruited someone and I am being told 19 weeks???

Spherocyte

I’ll keep you posted Nelline!

Nelline
5 hours ago, Spherocyte said:

I’ll keep you posted Nelline!

Thank you! 

Mykhell

I’m also interested in this. Applying for a postdoc soon. Read I qualify for the GSS two weeks processing process. Fingers crossed it won’t take the 17 weeks that’s being shown on the CIC website. 

Mykhell
On 2/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, Spherocyte said:

Is anyone in the process of waiting for approval of their work permit? The lawyer working on behalf of my employer gives a processing time of 8 weeks however the IRCC website gives 17 weeks. I was asked to submit biometrics 3 days after I made my submission online and did the medical prior to submitting.  Anyone had a job specific work permit approved this year and how long did processing take for you?

Hello and good morning,

May I ask

1) where you uploaded your PCC on the online application website (for you and your spouse)?

2) where you uploaded the checklist documents (both the general (IMM5488) and the specific one for SA (IMM5925)? 

3) whether your spouse also needed to submit the checklist documents since they are also applying for an open work permit (I suppose)?

Thanks in anticipation.

Myusuf

Hi anybody did a c11 work permit or is in the process of one , its a business immigration stream

Please let me know work permit timelines

Myusuf

Hi

Please update if there is any information on werk permit timelines

Waiting 15weeks