Amacon Mississauga Rotary Ribfest

MaryJane

Fancy some ribs and blooming onions? The Mississauga Ribfest started today and will be at Celebration Square until Sunday.

http://mississaugaribfest.com

I didn't get photos of the ribs because they were bones by the time I got my camera out :lol: But here are some old photos of onions to enjoy. I'll take new ones when I get them on the weekend. See you there!

onions.jpg

• 10 months later...

I know it's way too early to be promoting but if you want to see ribs galore in Mississauga then mark this on your calendar down.

Mississauga Ribfest is happening from July 13-16.

If you want to volunteer, sign up. Website is now updated with some 2017 info - https://mississaugaribfest.com

See y'all there!

• 1 month later...

The Ribfest is happening in 2 weeks time! Let's do this, Mississauga!

I wonder why SAns call it spare ribs. It's not like the animal had any extra ribs to spare lol.

Maybe, when one's mouth is watering at the smell of ribbetjies on the braai, original and thought-provoking, prize-winning naming is not one's strong point, hehe.  Like, I don't care what it's called, I am imagining the smell already, hmmm!

Have you noticed how cheap pork is at the moment. At Costco they have the back ribs for $3 a pound. At No Frills they have the spare (  side ) ribs at $1,50 a pound as part of the Canada150 celebrations. Beef however has gone up in price. 

• 11 months later...

It's Ribfest season!

The 2018 Amacon Mississauga Rotary Ribfest is coming up again, guys!

We have a new venue this year. We are moving to the Port Credit Memorial Park. The event will be held on July 12-15.

Anybody up for ribs and blooming onions should come visit!