Sign in to follow this  
Hendie

Winnipeg: SA Braai, 30 Aug

Hendie

BYOE (Bring Your Own Everything - except fire, I'll provide briquets)

EVERYONE WELCOME, kids & dogs too, whatever their languages & fur-colour........

Watch for SA flags printed on 8.5 x 11 inch paper

Although a long weekend, some "platteland" distant visitors might drop in while coming to Winnipeg for other reasons; also there are a few 'Peggers who don't leave the city every long weekend.........

Braai-site is next to Pavilion, just west (zoo-side) of the toboggan-slides & in the forest glade on the riverside of the Main Picnic Area & just beyond the swings, amongst the trees, just north (riverside) of the parking & toilets & cricket

A few generous "maties" might offer their farmlet for a separate braai later in September where we would not be subject to the ridiculous Manitoba (Ontario & others too) drinking laws that prohibit open alcoholic beverages (in Dec 2001 June & I had a magic afternoon in Cape Town's Kirstenbosch Gardens listening to their Philharmonic Orchestra with 5,000 others, many with picnic tables & wine-coolers & beers etc.)

My cell-phone, if you're lost, as a few have been: 771-3476

Denzil