Port Elizabeth: Coffee Club, 27 January 2007

It is time for the ;) Friendly, :D Fun Loving folk of Port Elizabeth to think about our next coffee club meeting. We will meet at The Dros Restaurant situated at Brookes Hill Pavilion. Anyone thinking of or in the process of immigrating to Canada is welcome to join us. We'll aim for 12.30pm onwards.

<_< Kind Regards,

It is time for the ;) Friendly, :D Fun Loving folk of Port Elizabeth to think about our next coffee club meeting. We will meet at The Dros Restaurant situated at Brookes Hill Pavilion. Anyone thinking of or in the process of immigrating to Canada is welcome to join us.

<_< Kind Regards,

Lawrence

We will see you there. I have no problem with a venue with such friendly ATM's.

I have one request, seeing that we normally have whiskey in our coffee, I think we should consider renaming our club to the PE waffie club. Let me know what you think. ;)

Oupa.Dee

MMMMMM……….. Oom Dee a rather :ilikeit: interesting and somewhat controversial topic, refer to the Gauteng Coffee Club proposal Link Good idea to read the posts that follow. Let’s look objectively at this issue; the base of the beverage that we consume during our meeting is equal parts coffee and whisky (Irish coffee for stiff upper lip connoisseur). As the afternoon progresses and certain of our :blink: members really start enjoying our meeting the Irish coffees becomes very Irish.

I have expressed my opinion about the name :P social club………. and much rather prefer Port Elizabeth Coffee Club. Name Coffee Club sounds a lot more distinguished old chap.

:rolleyes: Kind Regards,

I have expressed my opinion about the name social club………. and much rather prefer Port Elizabeth Coffee Club. Name Coffee Club sounds a lot more distinguished old chap.

Lawrence

I ran out of Irish at home and had a moment or two of clear thought. When we run out of Irish and alter the chemical composition of our favorite drink with a dollop of “Klippies”, we would have to adapt the club’s name once more. Now the idea of being part of the Port Elizabeth Braffie club was a bit much for a sober mind to digest.

So my dear fellow, I hereby withdraw that silly suggestion and humbly apologize for nearly ruining the good name of our club.

Hope we see some new faces at this meet.

Oom.Dee

Oom Dee,

Glad to see your :huh: sight is no longer blurred old chap, a :D tipple too much Irish has this affect on a person. We don’t want to ruin a good ;) friendship.

It may appear that my coffee was also a little too Irish when I set the date for our next Port Elizabeth Coffee Club Meeting; our next meeting is scheduled for Saturday, 27th January and not 27th February.

Can one of our esteemed forum leaders change the date for me please?

;) Regards,

Can one of our esteemed forum leaders change the date for me please?

Done!

See you guys there!

:rolleyes: Things are happening our Port Elizabeth Coffee Club is growing; we welcomed Lez and husband Bruce at our meeting on 27/01/07. At our next meeting the Lemmers will be bringing a couple that applied to immigrate to Canada.

Thanks to all who attended and made our meeting a very pleasant occasion. If any of you have ideas about a new venue or format for our future meetings please let us know.

:) Regards,

Hi There

It was wonderful getting together again... our first coffee club meeting of 2007!!!

It was also great to welcome Bruce and Lez to the club:)

It's wonderful to see our club expanding.... I was getting worried for a moment, with the Lemmers and Lawrence leaving soon, Riaan and I would be the only members of the PE coffee club!

Can not wait to get together again

Regards

I'm so pleased to hear that the PE Coffee Club is growing. Just keep on with the regular meetings and you will see it will develop a life of it's own.

If any of you have ideas about a new venue or format for our future meetings please let us know

Maybe you guys can try and have a bring-and-braai for your next get together. We found with the Gauteng get-togethers that it made it a lot easier for folks to talk to each other. Was trying to think of a venue in PE but I'm a bit out of touch.

• 2 weeks later...

I am visiting the Old City for 4 weeks, end of Feb. Taking a Pro MotoX rider to various races around South Africa. Will be hopefully meeting with Bruce to give him a book that he requires for his coming Pharmacy exams. Should anyone want info brochures ,local papers, hell even a sample of Tim Hortens, give me a shout.

Cheers

Selwyn

I am visiting the Old City for 4 weeks, end of Feb. Taking a Pro MotoX rider to various races around South Africa. Will be hopefully meeting with Bruce to give him a book that he requires for his coming Pharmacy exams. Should anyone want info brochures ,local papers, hell even a sample of Tim Hortens, give me a shout.

Cheers

Selwyn

Selwyn,

If you have the time available on your visit, we would like to arrange our Coffee Club Meeting when you are in Port Elizabeth. Any info you can provide us with on Canada will be much appreciated.

;) Cheers

I second that one...

It would be great if you could bring us a newspaper and any information that you can get your hands on... tourist brochures; Employment Newspaper/ Magazines ... and before I get too carried away with a shopping list, I'll leave it at that. Thanks for the offer!

I second that one...

It would be great if you could bring us a newspaper and any information that you can get your hands on... tourist brochures; Employment Newspaper/ Magazines ... and before I get too carried away with a shopping list, I'll leave it at that. Thanks for the offer!

NO PROBLEM!!! I'm from the South Western part of Canada. 90 km North of Toronto.It's the "bedroom town"

of Toronto. A huge amount of the workforce live here and commute to Toronto because of the cost of housing. The traffic ai'nt pretty. A small accident,either way, and this 45min trip could be extended by 2hrs easy.

If you intend moving this side, the newspapers and magazines will help plenty. I'll pick up brochures from HR Canada so that you can also get a feel of the "plastic cards" you'll be carrying around in your wallet for medical,Sin #,drivers licence ect . Once landed, all this takes only a few weeks to complete. I 'll bring the super shopper along to give you some idea of prices of items you might be needing.

The rest I'll try to answer WITHOUT the sugar coating.

Sorry ..I forgot to add. As we will be racing the four weekends that we are there,(Queenstown,Cape Town, Durban,Port Elizabeth) maybe a midweek or at worst the last Sunday of March we could get together and kill a few last Castle's on the Barney's deck. I leave the next day to return to what will hopefully be a, getting warmer Canada.

You 'll also have the opportunity to question the Canadian that I'mm bringing out to race!!

Edited by Margie/Selwyn

Hi Everyone....

Could we try and make this a Mid-weeker? I will be out of town on the last Sunday of March?

Thanks

Hi Everyone....

Could we try and make this a Mid-weeker? I will be out of town on the last Sunday of March?

Thanks

Selwyn, Warren & Rest of The Port Elizabeth Coffee Club Gang

I am flexible; does any of our other Coffee Club Gang have a problem? If there is no problem I would like to propose that we meet Wednesday, 21 March 2007. It is a public holiday and I think it would suit everybody.

;) Regards

If there is no problem I would like to propose that we meet Wednesday, 21 March 2007. It is a public holiday and I think it would suit everybody.

:D Regards

Will suit us just fine,

Thank you

:D

Will suit us just fine,

Thank you

:D

If someone could maybe PM me a phone #. I'll check the schedule for the Wednesday and confirm if I'm in P.E that day. Also what time......WEDNESDAY.......GOLF at Humewood????? I am very flexible and have time on hand this time round. No wife and family coming with.... Oh to be a cold married bachelor of 48 in a warm familiar place!! LOL

cheers

If someone could maybe PM me a phone #. I'll check the schedule for the Wednesday and confirm if I'm in P.E that day. Also what time......WEDNESDAY.......GOLF at Humewood????? I am very flexible and have time on hand this time round. No wife and family coming with.... Oh to be a cold married bachelor of 48 in a warm familiar place!! LOL

cheers

Selwyn,

If it suites your schedule we would like to meet at The Dros, Brookes Hill Pavilion, on 21 March 2007 at 12:30 PM. I will PM you my cell phone number so you can confirm your availability. Thanks for setting time aside to meet with us.

:D Cheers,

Selwyn,

If it suites your schedule we would like to meet at The Dros, Brookes Hill Pavilion, on 21 March 2007 at 12:30 PM. I will PM you my cell phone number so you can confirm your availability. Thanks for setting time aside to meet with us.

:D Cheers,

Hey Lawrence

The Dros it is. I'll make ourselves available on that day. Look forward to meeting with you.

Cheers

Hi Guys

Wednesday Suits us...

Will our Forum Admin please pin the next Port Elizabeth Coffee Club Meeting for Wednesday (Public Holiday), 21 March @ 12:30 PM, The Dros, Brookes Hill Pavilion.

:blink: Thanks & Regards,