Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'banking'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Immigration
    • General
    • Application
    • Coffee Clubs
    • LSD Trips & Arrivals
    • Settling In
    • Schools & Education
    • Going back?
  • Discussions
    • Foyer
    • General
    • Events
    • Communities
    • Money!
    • Home and Hearth
    • Health and Wellness
    • Ladies' Lounge
    • Spiritual Life
    • Lost-n-Found
    • Journals
    • Places of Interest
    • Travel
    • Youth
    • Funnies
  • Advertising
    • Classifieds
    • KuierKoerier©
  • Employment
    • Queries, Tips and News
    • Networking
    • Looking
    • Offering
    • Business
  • News from South Africa
    • General
    • Sport
  • Technical
    • Forum Help
    • Computers and Internet
    • Announcements

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...

Found 3 results

  1. Good day everyone! Just wondering how do I get money out of a Rand blocked account? Do I really have to use a forex agency?
  2. HendrikT

    Public Notary

    Dear SACanada members, We are currently in the process of opening a RBC bank account and need to get the documents notarized. Some of the lawyers i've contacted charge exorbitant fees for this service.... I was hoping someone might be able to assist with a contact of a public notary who might be able to assist us without charging and arm and a leg. I understand it's a service and they charge for it ,but R2000 - R3000 for a few documents seems insane. We are staying on the West rand of Johannesburg. Would appreciate any pointers or contacts you can share!
  3. TanyaFXC

    SARB: Discretionary allowance explained

    Hi everyone, Below is a summary of the SARB Excon regulation , for the "Single Discretionary allowance". I know there has been some confusion regarding when you are allowed to use this allowance. Single discretionary allowance Residents (natural persons), who are over the age of 18 years may be permitted to avail of a single allowance within an overall limit of R1 000 000 per individual per calendar year, without the requirement to obtain a Tax Clearance Certificate, which may be apportioned as follows: · Monetary gifts and loans · donations to missionaries · maintenance transfers · alimony and child support payments · wedding expenses and other special occasions · foreign capital allowance( investment allowance ) · travel allowance · study allowance Except for GIFTS, the single discretionary allowance may not be availed of by residents living temporarily abroad nor may the single discretionary allowance be used to disguise transfers for other purposes for which foreign exchange would otherwise be refused. Thus, if you have moved to or been living in Australia (before 1 Jan 2014 - current calender year), you need to use the Foreign Investment allowance option to transfer your funds, as you are now a SA Resident temporarily abroad. We can assist you with the tax clearance applications as well as the transfer of funds. Please feel free to send me a PM or email me at