Sign in to follow this  
Klaasvaakie

Friends

Klaasvaakie

I have been in Calgary since May, I cannot seem to make friends, and it seems most of my co-workers have a drug habit, some of them drinking too much!

I am a goth, of a different stripe. I am shy, yet love attention.

I dont fit in the scene of bars and nightclubs.

I am hurt and angry at a lot of things, but I am quite cheerful too. I am quite honest and quite Real. No split personality, no pretending to be something that I am not.

Adele

Hi Klaasvaakie,

Since you are in Calgary, maybe you could meet up with other SAricans at the Wednesday Lunches. It used to be for business persons, but now everyone is invited. You might meet more people your age than in the youth forum.

'n Klompie Suid-Afirkaanse besigheidsmanne (en dames?) kom elke Eerste Woensdag van die maand middagete van 12nm tot 1nm by die Petro Canada gebou se food court bymekaar vir middagete. Die gebou is op die hoek van Center St en 5 Ave SW, en die maklikste om voor uit te kyk is 'n geel vliegtuig wat aan die dak hang. Hulle ontmoet gewoonlik by die tafeltjies naaste aan die vliegtuig.

A group of South African business men (and women?) get together for lunch every Wednesday between 12pm and 1pm at the Petro Canada food court. The building is on the corner of Center St and 5th Ave SW. The easiest landmark to look out for is a yellow aeroplane hanging from the roof. They normally meet at the tables closest to the aeroplane.

Sien julle daar!

See you there!

Contact: Danie Botha cell. 615-8046, Anton Esterhuizen tel. 777-2550 buss

Estienne
I have been in Calgary since May, I cannot seem to make friends, and it seems most of my co-workers have a drug habit, some of them drinking too much!

I am a goth, of a different stripe. I am shy, yet love attention.

I dont fit in the scene of bars and nightclubs.

I am hurt and angry at a lot of things, but I am quite cheerful too. I am quite honest and quite Real. No split personality, no pretending to be something that I am not.

Hi!

I totally understand what you are saying. You sound a lot like me! I also don't fit in bars or nightclubs or even have the desire to fit in there! I just landed in Canada a couple of days ago. I'm not in Calgary I'm working outside of Edmonton. It sounds like there is a lot of South Africans in Calgary so don't worry I think you will find some friends there!

Good luck to you!

Estienne

Klaasvaakie

I found one friend so far :)

wahooo!

fatcat

Moderators

Can someone please give an age guidline for the youth forum - maybe another forum is needed for the "older crowd" wanting to meet new friends.

Estienne
I found one friend so far :D

wahooo!

Well since you think of me as a new found friend how about revealing you secret identity 'klaasvaakie'!

Or is it one of those cases where you would say " If I told you I'd have to kill you".

:):huh::P:o:D

Estienne

sachicky23

Hey guys

I know it's been a while since this was posted but I was wondering ILife you guys are still the Calgary area. I'm from around here and wish I could make some new friends from south Africa. Been missing home quite a bit :(