Sign in to follow this  
Najran

Newfoundland

Najran

I thought I'd post some photo's of Newfoundland. These were taken on The Skerwink Trail in Trinity East, it's probably one of my favourite trails. It's just over 5kms you can do either a coastal trail or an inland trail. These were taken along the coastal trail, unfortunately it was rather hazy, so the photo's aren't as clear as they should be.

Skerwink4.jpg

Skerwink1.jpg

Skerwink2.jpg

Skerwink3.jpg

Skerwink5.jpg

Harry

OK! I have to go see this. The wife hovered over me here and is insisting.

I don't think you guys want to leave there unless you really have to.

Marli

Absolutely stunning!

BevBrad

For another aspect of life in NF you simply must watch the "Shipping News". Bev and I love it and have watched it at least three times. Some of the movie was filmed in our area incuding the scenes in the diner, as a result no trip around the Aspotogan (peninsula between St Margarets and Mahone Bay) is complete for us, without a stop and a bite to eat in the diner where those scenes were filmed.

Najran
OK! I have to go see this. The wife hovered over me here and is insisting.

I don't think you guys want to leave there unless you really have to.

I agree Harry ... you have to see Newfoundland :) !! This trail that we did yesterday is just a small taste of the scenery, there's a trail between Elliston & Maberly that is apparently stunning, you also walk along the cliffs, the sea stacks they say are spectacular, I have yet to do it as I can't find another willing person to do it with me as it takes about 6 hours, the Skerwink Trail is a mini version of it. I love the sea stacks, best of all we only saw 2 people on the trail, even though there were plenty of vehicles in the parking area, you really feel like you're the last people left on the earth, if you want to get away from it all & relax Newfoundland is a good place to go.

We are really happy here & have no plans of leaving. Newfoundland is not for everyone, if you like high paced city life you will be most unhappy here. St John's is more of a town than a city, I would compare it to Pietermaritzburg on a quiet day ;) It did take us a while to appreciate it I'll be honest, we arrived in Newfoundland after living in Dubai & it was a major culture shock, we had many moments when we wondered what were we thinking, now I wouldn't change it for the world !!

The shipping News is a lovely movie, but just a note .... I don't know of anyone who ties their homes down :) ..... we have been asked that a few times !!

jen1

Wow, it looks stunning! There is now another place on my list of places to go to in Canada!

Karen

Magnifique!

I am definitely going to make a point of visiting you. What stunning scenery.

Canada is quite magnificent from coast to coast.