Sign in to follow this  
Guest Barbara

Spring

Guest Barbara

Yesterday we spent the day at one of the parks in the NW. It was wonderful to spend the day in the sunshine chatting with friends.

I love the changing seasons.

The one funny thing we noted is that the city only open the washrooms on 11th May. The park was packed with people.

Hendie

Yes, spring is certainly here. We caught this rainbow last Sunday on our way back from an outing to Bragg Creek.

128201878_1df52031b0.jpg

Guest Barbara

This morning I went outside and my daffodils and tulips have popped up. I planted the bulbs in autumn. Now I just have to wait for them to bloom.

Merv

Yup, spring is here, bulbs are pushing up and flowering, grass is going to need cut soon, and the most sure sign spring is here, received a letter yesterday advising me that our boat goes back in the water April 28th :D ,can hardly wait!!

Blesbuck
This morning I went outside and my daffodils and tulips have popped up. I planted the bulbs in autumn. Now I just have to wait for them to bloom.

Barbara,

So you leave them in the ground for the whole winter ?

Under the snow ?

Guest Barbara

After 2 days in the 20's it snowed this morning. Didn't hang around for long it melted as fast as it fell.

Hear it will warm up again next week.

Dawn
Yes under the snow for the winter.

When they say you can experience all 4 seasons on one day in Calgary, they mean it! Here (if I can manage to attach them) are two photos taken today of virtually the same area of the yard.

Dawn
post-937-1145764038.jpgpost-937-1145764059.jpgTrying the photos again! Edited by Dawn

Dawn
post-937-1145764467.jpgLets try that once more. Here is the second photo.

Loerie

Dawn,

I like your view - I would love to know which suburb or area of Calgary this is?

Dawn
Dawn,

I like your view - I would love to know which suburb or area of Calgary this is?

Hi Loerie,

It IS beautiful, we also have a great view of the Rockies on the other side of us. We are staying with my daughter and her husband on an acreage near Priddis, about 25 minutes from the southernmost suburbs of Calgary along the 22X.

Loerie

Thanks Dawn. With all the security measures that form part of our daily view, it is so nice to see a photo like this :) . Geniet dit!