Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Parent Sponsoring Timeline

fatcat

Thanks everyone - we are so relieved that it is coming to an end.

fatcat

Passports with Canadian visa returned 10 December !!!!

Process from start of sponsorship application to issue of visas - 44 months

:D:D:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Cathy K

Congratulations! When are they making the big move? 44 Months! Wow!

Cathy K

jen1

Yay for you!!!! That is great news!

We are hoping to hear that we have been approved as sponsors sometime in the 1st few months of next year, then I guess it is all about getting the parents paperwork into Pretoria and waiting again.

Mossie

I was wondering if somebody knows : I've applied middle Sep. to sponsor my parents, I know they received the forms because I tracked it. However I have not heard anything from them saying that they have received it. Is this common or should I worry about it? I mean it has been 3 months......anybody? Thanx

kodacat

Congratulations!! Best wishes to your folks.

I am still waiting for my mom's papers to come through.

Applied to sponsor March 2006

Sponsorship approval received March 2008.

My mom's papers submitted to Pretoria March 2008

Now we wait.......

Loerie
I was wondering if somebody knows : I've applied middle Sep. to sponsor my parents, I know they received the forms because I tracked it. However I have not heard anything from them saying that they have received it. Is this common or should I worry about it? I mean it has been 3 months......anybody? Thanx

Family of ours received their letter 9 weeks after the application was signed for in Mississauga. Their application was sent in in March this year. Hopefully you will hear from them soon ...

Edited by Loerie

kodacat

Congratulations fatcat!!

Edited by kodacat

Marius O

Hi guys.

After almost a lifetime of waiting my Dad has been called to the CHC for an interview on Jan 29th. Does anybody know what he can expect from the interview? Shame, almost 65 years old and having to go through all that CHC drama. NO WAY! But hopefully they'll leave SA this year so that we have another place to stay in Calgary over the Christmas holidays. YAY FREE SKI ACCOMMODATION!!!!

Dedré
:( WOW!!!! NICE stuff! I was NOT expecting this! Who sponsored them? Nice to see you here every now and so often. Congratulations on your possible free holiday accommodation!!! :ilikeit:

Marius O

My sister sponsored them. She's been in Canada for 10 years now. Took citizenship recently. I can't believe that I, after having the worst time possible with Canadians, now have a Canuck sister, brother in law and little Canuck niece and nephew. AND NOW MY DAD TOO! And the whole lot will be clustered together in Okotoks. Love it there. Actually looking forward to a visit!

chrizette
Hey Everyone

UPDATE TO PARENT TIMELINE

Applied to sponsor April 2005

Approved as sponsor July 2007

Parents submitted application to Pretoria August 2007

Medicals 16 Sept 2008

Passports called for 20 November 2008

They have sold their apartment and transfer will take place beginning Jan 09 so they will be here in the first 2 months of 2009 - It has been a loooooooooong wait!

Yes, it is a looooong process for parents sponsorship and very stressfull.

All the best

kodacat
Hi guys.

After almost a lifetime of waiting my Dad has been called to the CHC for an interview on Jan 29th. Does anybody know what he can expect from the interview? Shame, almost 65 years old and having to go through all that CHC drama. NO WAY! But hopefully they'll leave SA this year so that we have another place to stay in Calgary over the Christmas holidays. YAY FREE SKI ACCOMMODATION!!!!

Hi Marius O

would it be possible to give a timeline from start of sponsorship ??

Thanks

Kodacat

Marius O

My sister submitted her sponsorship application sometime during 2003! The plan was for my Dad and his wife to look after the grand children while sussie built her clinic and got it up and running. My niece is now 7 and my little nephew is 4 - and still oupa and ouma are sitting in Pretoria.

HARE OP JOU TANDE - that's what is needed when going through this process.

chrizette
Hi Marius O

would it be possible to give a timeline from start of sponsorship ??

Thanks

Kodacat

Hi Kodacat,

The average time line is about 48 months.

Marius O

48 months for sponsoring parents? NO WAY!!!! The CHC even says min of 5 years now.

chrizette

Hi,

What is the average timeline for sponsorship for parents?

Will appreciate some feedback.

fatcat

There is a topic but to save you time - April 2005 to Dec 2008. My folks arrive 7 Feb 09. Feel free to PM me. We are from Durban North

Dedré

Chrizette, I moved your post to this one. I found it under the "Settling In" thread.

kodacat
Congratulations!! Best wishes to your folks.

I am still waiting for my mom's papers to come through.

Applied to sponsor March 2006

Sponsorship approval received March 2008.

My mom's papers submitted to Pretoria March 2008

Now we wait.......

Finally an update - My mom received a letter dated 17 Apr 2009 to go for her medicals!!!! She is so excited (so are we).

kodacat
Finally an update - My mom received a letter dated 17 Apr 2009 to go for her medicals!!!! She is so excited (so are we).

Latest update - Medical results collected by courier on 15 May - delivery in Nairobi expected on Wed 20 May

kodacat

Good news - my mom received a call on 16 June from the Canadian Consulate to bring in her passport for her Permanent Residence visa!! we are planning for her to arrive in Canada end August 2009.

Sheryl

THINGS ARE HAPPENING!

Received a registered slip from the PO yesterday after clearing our post box and spent all Sunday wondering what it could be; could it be our long awaited BBE arriving earlier than indicated on our acknowledgement letter? Well, I was there first thing this morning and lo behold, it was the letter telling us to go for our medicals! Noticed that the datestamp on the envelope (it's a MBE - medium brown envelope by the way :ilikeit: ) is the 20th August (thanks to the postal strike it's been delayed!!) which makes our time line as follows:

Son's sponsorship approved - May 2008 (2 years exactly from his date of application)

Our application acknowledged - August 2008

Our application provisionally accepted - August 2009.

Am quite surprised, as our acknowledgement letter stated it would take approximately 18 months, so basically it took exactly one year, which is great, we must have fallen into the percentage of earlier processed ones!

Only one little hiccup, they're asking for a detailed statement of my husband's military history, which, considering was MANY years ago and mostly done in the UK, (it was his career) is a bit of a pain, as he can't remember exact dates. He did indicate all the information he could remember on the application form, but now they seem to want more. They seem to want a statutory declaration confirming that he did not complete military or national service and the reason for his exemption. He never did any service here in SA, I suppose being a British national that would make him exempt?? Has anyone had any similar such problems and how did they resolve them? Would appreciate any advice!!

So now the next waiting stage takes place .....

kodacat

Congratulations Sheryl!! That is really good news!

tazz

here is my time line:

sponsorship application sent to Mississauga: July 2006

sponsor approval: July 2008

parent sent completed application to Pretoria: October 2008 (mom had to renew her passport which took forever)

provisional acceptance of parent & medical requests: January 2010

visa issued: April 2010