Sign in to follow this  
Adele

Vancouver: January Meet & Greet, Jan 21

Adele

Not much different to last year, just one day, and hopefully our Vancouver 'fearless' leader will make his presence felt. :blink::boxing: I will be organizing this venue in North Van every year, so that our very own Oom Harry can hopefully attend and share his wisdom with those new to Canada. For those who have looked at Harry's profile and always wondered, we have proof that he is only using it as a disguise! See here and here! :D

Title: SACanada Meet & Greet for January

Description: The Raven Pub in North Vancouver (Unfortunately this is for adults only)

Date & time: Saturday, January 21, 2006 at 1:00 PM

Location: The Raven Pub, 1052 Deep Cove Road, , North Vancouver, BC

Hopefully we can have more SA Canadians join us this year. People, place it on your calendars, arrange a sitter after the Christmas rush it is nice to sit down with a bunch of adults and enjoy yourself with out having to worry about the darlings.

Adele

Hoping to see a BIG crowd at the Raven today. Not many people have replied, but so many SAVancouverites are looking for friends on this site, so lets see if they can show their presence to meet those friends!

So People, Come up and have fun!

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Enjoy! Adele...I'm sure it will be wonderful.

As much as we'd like to participate, we'll wait for a family event as our sons would also like to meet friends their age.

So, hopefully next time... :boxing:

Adele

Well, well, well. We had a small intimate crowd, and I believe everyone had fun. Thank you Harry for once again gracing us with you enjoyable presence. :blink::boxing: Food and Company was very enjoyable. Thank you also to the other attendees. See photo below.

To see how you become family after a few events, see here!

(l to r) Hostess, Yvonne, Jeanne, Daniel, Tommi, Harry, Andy, Martin.

post-433-1137901344.jpg

Edited by Adele

Andy & Yvonne

Thanks we had lovely time.

Adele

Ingrid I am working on the next function to be in White Rock and just next month. But I need to chat with you sooner, as I want to introduce you and family to some young men/boys and their families.

Edited by Adele

Harry

Adele,

thanks for arranging all of this and transporting some of our folks. We had a great time, but I may have talked some folks "under the table".

Matisse
We had a great time, but I may have talked some folks "under the table".

At least everyone still looks firmly seated when the photo was taken. :boxing:

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

What a nice group of people! Glad you had a good time.

We had some S.Africans visit as well (from Surrey), plus some First Nations' friends.

Feels like we've been eating since about 4pm - now we're watching a movie and stilll ...eating!

Adele, I look forward to chatting with you again.

Have a restful Sunday now - you worked hard! :boxing:

Adele

Matisse,

Don't let Harry's words fool you. Whenever Harry talks, it is ALWAYS interesting. He has some very funny stories, and is a very witty, intelligent and knowledgeable person to sit down with. I am sure those that have met Harry for one on one meetings, will attest to that. He is a strong defender of his opinions and beliefs and that is why most people respect him even more...I would say that any politician coming up against Harry, would be sorely defeated.

So people when you get an invitation to spend time with our "Oh Wise One" take it with both hands.

Harry

Adele,

you will be my undoing yet, ma'am, I assure you :boxing: .....but it WAS an interesting afternoon. Subjects included but were not limited to:

Canadian elections and attack ads

US foreign policy and bullying

South African history

SA economics

Life in Pakistan

Russian politburo members

KGB interpretors

Making boerewors & wine in Pakistan

Africa compared with South Africa

Canadian Political Correctness

French Political Correctness

Humour in SA, UK, Canada and France

Belgian Friete and the War in Iraq

International helicopter deals.

Mirage 2000 jets and jolly generals

Swedish aeroplanes with American engines and SA pilots

Threats on white people in SA

Working with the ANC government

"Misappropriation" of SA cultural goods by Britain

Holidays in Southern France

Requalification in Canada for immigrants

Adele

Harry,

I did not mean to put you on the spot, but thank you for summing up the conversation so well. I think for the rest of the members, we will mention we had a French Diplomat and his South African wife, Our online Scientist and his equally knowledgeably and talented wife, a Lawyer (that has to still do his Bar exam), an Electrical Engineer, an Events Hostess, and a SAHM. All in all it made for interesting conversation.

Harry, no doubt you have read the other forums, and as I mentioned the trip home was most interesting to myself, Yvonne and Andy. We have discovered that Yvonne would be my 'step Aunt", due to her Father and my Grandmother who had a few shared years of matrimony.

Now we are going to figure out where the rest of the 'family' is. Since they went their separate ways and passed on, the 'kids' went their separate ways to and have all had kids of their own.

Andy & Yvonne

I think Harry takes notes while we are not looking.....

Andy