Sign in to follow this  
Bones

Greetings from Northern BC!

Bones

I've not been on the SACanada forum for ages, as I've moved a lot, and not always been on my regular computer. I'm in MacKenzie right now until Christmas holidays. I'm teaching at a private Christian school, and will be taking a full-time position starting in April (so it's quite a bit of moving around between Kelowna, MacKenzie, and Vernon until June).

Thankfully it's not been too cold here yet (really mild, actually).

So, am I the furthest North out of everyone on SACanada at the moment??

Harry

Nope, Bones!

You are further south than Fort MacMurray in Alberta. We have quite few folks there. I also seem to recall some of our members are in Fort St John, northeast of you.

I lost a very nice pen ( a going away present from my SA employer) at a gas station just north of McKenzie in Aug 2003. That's how I remembered where you were. :)

Bones

Oh, well then, not the furthest North, but quite far up, all the same. It's certainly not the coldest, though!

Harry

Bones,

it was 2 degrees C here in Deep Cove, Vancouver today at noon. In the wet climate of Vancouver, that cold is not nice at all.

DougieFaure

Harry - and here in wonderful warm Ottawa - we broke a weather record - unfortunately I could not confiim from the net, the temperature of 12 degrees C, that I was told brought on the surprizing heat wave. (in the continious rain). But neighbours were out having a walk. And thoroughly enjoying the heat wave.

All the wet white stuff is gone. But for gardeners and farmers that is good. We had two very dry years here - 2003/2004. Almost like ou wes-Transvaal where the drought was normal. So much so that the water-table is still a bit down. City people do not like the rain - but I love it. Now we do not get near as much as you BCers.

I still miss hearing the rain on a sink roof. Heard it last year at Daleside. Near Meyerton.

My spirit was a bit dashed by 2 friends passing away - we had just came back from the wake of one friend, when we heard from friends that another friend did not recover from major surgery. One 32 and the other 67. Makes one very introspective. And thankful for what we have.

Dougie

Harry

Dougie,

yes...Vancouver went nuts today with the snow...I'll say more on the Van Diary

Sorry to hear about your friends. Over here it seems everyone we know has cancer.