Sign in to follow this  
Diablo

University

Diablo

Hey you!

Thanks Marli,Zanie, Harry& Karen!

The university is called University of Windsor, it's in Ontario! Yeeha university here i come! I got a conditional offer provided that I maintain these marks until Nov 24 thats when my course finshes!! Till then all fingers crossed.

I request you all pray that i do get in, Im still scared!!

Marli thanks ever so much...you have been an angel to me...seriously with all your guidance and everything! I will keep ties with you!!

Regards

Diablo

Karen

Diablo,

Fear is your greatest enemy. Put it aside and move forward with courage and determination, and you can only succeed. I know kids from my area who attend Windsor and they just love it there. You will too.

Study hard, but remember to be a student and have some fun times too. You need to make happy memories of your student years.

BTW, what course(s) will you be studying?

Wishing you a wonderful and enriching learning experience,

Karen.

Harry

Diablo,

We do not need to cross any fingers or any of that stuff, because you have already exhibited the guts that are needed. Just keep looking forward...and keep up the grades.

Diablo
Congratulations, Diablo!

You hid that statement in the middle of your trip and flight info...! Jô!

Hi there!

Sorry, :( I forgot to mention that! Yeah Im flying to SA from here on the 6th, it would be nice to smell South African air! cant wait! I will be stopping in Paris for 10 hrs!! I was hoping they would provide accomodation because that is too long!! But i heard nowadays they dont do that. What is this world coming to?

Anyways i defintely want to visit the Eifel tower! this is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity! ANy tips for paris will help me a lot.

Take care,

Diablo.

Diablo

Hi to all!

Im going to be going to the "Paris De Gaulle Airport". I will be arrinving there at 08:35 am and leaving there at 11:15 pm exactly! Has anyone been to " Paris De Gaulle"?

Why isnt anyone replying? :(

Bananagirl

Maybe look for the UofCT website and send them an email (usually under "Contact Us"), ask how far along you are in the process and how soon you can expect to get their decision, Valerie

Oops, sorry, CONGRATULATIONS, Diablo. Also, being the new kid, everyone will soon befriend you, take you under their wing, show you the ropes, everything is going to work out perfectly. Have a good flight and kiss the ground for me when you arrive. Enjoy your University career.

Marli

Sorry Diablo, I don't know enough about Paris to give you advice on what to do for 10 hours. All I know is that the airport is quite far from the city centre. I can't help you, sorry!!

Diablo

Hi!

Ok now that i have been accepted into University and my course officially ends today. I plan on moving in residense, any tips for living in residence.

My pals say its difficult to study in residense, dont know because this is my first time!!

oh and thnks Banana girl what a sweet thing to say.

ciao

Diablo

Karen

I have been there.

It's just a large airport with expensive fare. Practise your French there and have coffee and baguettes!

Have a safe trip and go with the flow.

Marli

Diablo

Moving into residence is a lot of fun. Some people love it, some hate it. I loved it for a while, but left after about 6 months. I went to Stellenbosch university in SA and at the time I attended, they had very strict rules for the girls' residences. It used to drive me nuts how they tried to control and restrict our lives, so I left. It was not because I didnt like being in res, I just didnt like the rules of the place. I am sure it would be different in Canada, and definitely different in the boys' res.

You will have to figure out a study system that works for you. I struggled to get the balance right initially, because first year was such a party! However, I eventually started studying at the library and also arranged for study sessions in groups.

I don't think anyone can tell you how you should handle life at university, as everyone will have a different experience. All I can say is the following:

I believe you will treasure your university years for the rest of your life. Therefore it is necessary to find a balance between having a social life and studying. You need both. The best you can do is optimize your studying time. Always attend classes, concentrate, listen and take notes when in class. At the end of the day, you can try and find a quiet spot and just look over your notes to see if you understood everything that was said. If not, ask your professor the next day to explain it to you.

The times that I was able to do this, it really helped me to remember stuff I learned. The brain likes repetition. and repeating it while it is fresh in your mind is the best thing to do.

And try to keep up with your studies. It gets harder to catch up once you have allowed yourself to fall behind. The pace at university is much faster than the pace at school, so be weary of this. Rather work too hard and play too little during the first couple of months while you figure out exactly how hard you need to work.

And once you've done this, make time to play. Plan to go away for long weekends. Visit friends, make connections, make memories.

You're just about the enter one of the most amazing phases of your life! And enjoy it!!!!

charissa8

hi hi ,

Firstly, congarts on the acceptance!!! I just wanted to add that I was liviing in res last year and I loved it! Iw ent to the university of lethbridge and although it is a samll school I really enjoyed it there... the whole res thing is a little bit overreated though, I was on one floor living with 61 other people! it totally depends on the stlye of residence you ar elooking at. I fyou chose the 'dorm' style you would most probably be either sharing a room or by yourself but sharing bathroom and common room facilities. If you got lucky and got a town house it's basically a starter home that has bout 4 or 5 bedrooms and a shared living room, dining room amd kitchen and also shared bathrooms( usually 2 to a bathroom).

well good luck and keep us posted!!

btw: paris is so beautiful, the eiffel tower is good to ( in theory) to go to that is if there's no line up (which I hear on a "bad' day is still ridiculously long! :censored:

Diablo

Hi Everyone!

Im leaving for Sa this Tuesday! finally!!

I have applied for residence but still no reply from them, hope I get the answer tomorrow Monday otherwise I will be screwed.

I was thinking of renting a house nearby like living off-campus. Oh well I think I should not have planned my trip to SA because there are so many things left to do. but then again I wont be visiting there for another four years! *sigh* I dont want to be screwed when I come back end of Dec!!!!!

I'll just leave this upto God!

Diablo

Hi all!

Yep it's me the one and only....Diablo! Im back from my SA trip, what can i tell u , it was Grrrreat! I feel kinda lonely here in Canada, by the way i leave for my University tomorrow so I got the jitters and Im very nervous! Hope people are nice with me over there...lol!

I wont be on SA Canada for some time now so this is like an early farewell, maybe I might come on after 5 months! Gotta get serious with myself.

You guys have been great in lending your support and I hope that you also find success in your life wherever u may be, Alright any last bit of advice? Today is my last day on this site.

Signed

DAIBLO

Marli

Hi Diablo

Thank you for popping in to say goodbye!

The only advice I have at this point it to Enjoy every minute of your studies! Live every day to its full extend and don't shy away from experiences.

I'm sure you will do well as you have proved that you can make up your own mind and that you take responsibility for your own life. I wish you all the best and let us know how it's going!

Marli

Diablo

Hi there,

Its tuff here in Uni! Its only the second week but im having trouble trying to work around my schedule! Time management is a key ingredient in Uni, I was so stressing abt getting into uni now Im stressing abt getting good marks, need to get those A+ .......

AnnetteE
How soon can one expect a reply from the university if they have applied in the university??

Because Im leaving for South Africa on 6 Dec!

Anyone know>>>>>>??

Hi Diablo! My name is Annette and I've been in Canada for about 6 years. This is my last year of high school and I've already applied to some universities. Most of them start accepting pple in march, but it can go on until just before june.