Sign in to follow this  
Nick

food in canada

Nick

hey do u people eat alot of fish in canda cause im going over there in december as an exchange student and i do not like fish so i was wondering what kind of other meat do u eat alot

Karen

Nick,

You certainly don't have to eat fish or anything else you do not like whilst in Canada.

Just as in any country, there is the same variety of food - meat, chicken, turkey, fish, veges, fruit, dairy products and breads etc, and you are free to choose whatever you want to eat. Hopefully, you won't load up on too much junk food, which is readily and cheaply available and you will also make some healthy choices.

I hope you have a wonderful experience during your exchange in Canada.

Nick

thank u but my mother said the only meat they really eat is fish so i got a bit worried

Cathy

Karen, I thought you were my friend. I was trying to impress on him that if he went to Canada on an exchange he couldn't be the fussy eater that he is at home.

He is keen to go on a Lions Youth exchange trip from 8th December to mid-January. I hope he gets accepted as it will give him a good idea of what to expect when we move.

One thing he has obviously already learned if you have a question about Canada the place to find the answer is on SACanada.

Edited by Cathy

Karen

Sorry, Cathy, but I did not realise that it was your Nick writing in!!!

I hope Nick gets chosen for the exchange, and if he does, believe me, he will be so hungry in the cold weather, that he will eat whatever he is given, anyway!!!

digin

Nick,

No we don't just eat fish or blubber! You may want to find this and other myths about Canadians put right by this advert known as Joe's Rant.

Harry

Nick,

so here's the thing....If you are going to one of the coastal places, the younger folks there ( especially the girls) are going to think you're some kind of a dork for not eating their fish...if you get my drift.

Cathy, there's hope yet, madame! :angry:

BevBrad

Nick,

You will have choices, but of course the staple food is Seal Flipper pie, but you will only have to eat that about 3 times a week.

Don't worry, over time you will learn to love Seal Flipper pie. But don't touch the Salmon Eyeball soup, its yuccky

Brad

Edited by BevBrad

Karen

LOL[at]Bev!!

Hope poor old Nick is not totally confused by now and quite petrified to visit Canada!!!

Nick,

If that seal flipper pie is not to your liking, do not fret. When the rest of your group is happily munching it down, you can go off to the nearest MacDonalds, Wendy's, Harvey's or Tim Hortons, and you are sure to find something more to your taste. If money is a problem, and you are in the GTA, give me a call and I will feed you anything but fish!!!!!!

Merv

Have to try the Beaver tails, now those are delish!!!!

Karen

But not quite as tasty as a grilled loon served on a platter of trillium leaves!

But the dessert is the very best - you can fill up on maple cookies dosed with real Canadian maple syrup, what else?!

Edited by Karen

charissa8

I agree with Merv, beaver tails are delish, but , I've found that they are only avaliable in T.O. and on Ontatrio /Quebec and Vancouver out here in the west :whistling:

too bad, theyr'e great to have in cold and warm weather....<sheds a tear> :king: Luckily, only a days drive away.

:D

Have no fear Nick, we only eat the weird stuff on special occasions.....:D:ph34r:

Edited by charissa8