Sign in to follow this  
Adele

Vancouver: Meet & Greet Potluck/Braai, 30 April

Adele

When:

Saturday, April 30, 2005 at 6:30 PM (PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE)

Where:

Rodeo Park (Club House)

17445 57th Avenue

Surrey (Cloverdale), BC V3S 8Y3

Due to some personal problems, I have neglected to schedule events over the last two months.

Now I need to get back into the swing of Spring and to be around people. April 29th is a very significant day to me and I would like to share it with anyone who is a South African.

I will be hosting a POTLUCK at a Townhouse Clubhouse. For those RSVPing I will contact you to bring along a dish of something yummy.

I hope and PRAY that this day will be a HOT and SUNNY one that we may have a GOOD ol SA BRAAI (BBQ)

Come and join us and bring the family....AND INVITE SOME FRIENDS!

Edited by Adele

Andy & Yvonne

Hi Adele,

Andy, myself & our two boys (Henry & Byron) would love to join you on Saturday, April 30, for a potluck at a Townhouse Clubhouse for a braai.

Yvonne and Andy :cry:

Adele

Hi Andy and Yvonne,

Great. Don't forget to write down the address. Please pm me your phone number so that I can call for menu planning....

Thanks

Adele

Wesley

The list has been e-mailed so hopefuly there will be a good turnout for this.

By the way thanks Yvonne and Andy for always supporting and coming out to the events. You guys have been game no matter where we've held our events or the nature of them.

It's that kind of spirit that makes the events worth organising.

Adele

PLEASE NOTE THE TIME CHANGE:

Due to a conflict with time scheduling the POTLUCK at our Townhouse Complex needs to be changed to start later. I apologise for this change and hope it wont affect your plans to join us. If it does please send me another email.

If you have not RSVPed, what are you waiting for? Come out for some familiar food, fun and building friendships. Bring the family....AND INVITE SOME FRIENDS! You are welcome to forward this mail on to those whom I don't know, that you think would enjoy meeting new people.

If you replied that you could not make it, hopefully this change will be a good thing for you to join us.

I am still hoping that this day will be a HOT and SUNNY one that we may have a GOOD old SA BRAAI (BBQ). With the sun going down later we should still have a good amount of time to enjoy the sunshine.

The event will now start at 6:30 pm.

Adele

Just a reminder about this weekend. We have a great meet & greet coming up. About 45 people have responded and there is still room.

So if you have nothing planned come out to Cloverdale (Pietermaritzburg of Vancouver - smells and all) and join other South Africans for the first Spring braai that will help rush the Summer on. Give me a call and let me know how many plan on attending.

With the time changed to 6:30 pm, I am hoping for more of you to join us. It is a Potluck. Bring your own Braai meat, drinks and a dish for the share table.

Adele

Thanks to everyone who came out to support the Potluck Meet & Greet. We had 35 people there and everyone seem to have a great time. The weather cleared long enough to braai outside and then once everyone was sitting down to dinner the heavens gave a light sprinkling of rain.

All-in-all a GREAT event.

It was suggested we use this venue again, but only after we have had a singles event. Anyhow I will be organising one of those in the near future. Unless Wesley as the 'single' host would like to take this one on. Us old married folk, would probably dampen everyone's spirits. <_<

Pictures will be posted shortly...