Sign in to follow this  
salbal

Renting

salbal

Hi all,

My husband has a potential job offer with a company in Manilla Rd, SE Calgary. I've been browsing some house rental sites and want some tips as to "nice" areas to stay in. We're not sure of his salary yet but will most likely have to tighten our belts when we're there - not sure what rent we can afford for now.

Should we look only in the SE if that's where he'll be based??

This is a seperate issue BUT we'll be applying for my husbands temp work visa and permanent residence simultaneoulsy (once we get the hrdc approval). Our (very expensive) immigration consultant says I can apply for a visa to work once we're there. Is this correct? How long would it take?

Tahnsk for any advice,

Sally M

Estelle

Hi There

If your husband already has a job offer in the SE then it is a good idea to stay in the SE too, it is a vey nice area there are to my knowldege mostly new suburbs you should look at McKenzie Town or Lake Chapparal, New Brighton, Copperfield, Shawnessy there is also nice shops in the area.

Look at this website it will help with prices for renting http://www.canada.com/calgary/index.html

Good luck :)