Sign in to follow this  
Guest CharlvS

Fresh fruit and veg

Guest Zordak

Me again... :)

I was just thinking, here in SA we get lots and lots of good quality fresh fruit and veg and we're fortunate enough to get them at reasonable prices.

Is it possible to get the same kind of good quality stuff in Calgary, seeing as the climate is so much cooler than here? Do fruit and veg grow quite lekker over there? :P

Or are a lot of fresh produce imported into the country?

Cheers!

Charl

onsvierb

Sou ook graag wou weet, hier in SA kan mens letterlik net van vrugte en groente leef!

Karen

I hope this helps you see that we do indeed get our fair quota of fresh fruit in the winter.

It comes in from warm climes - California, Florida, Peru, New Zealand, SA - just to name a few. It may not always be as sweet as the SA fruit you know, but there is a good variety, and we all get by.

Prices are not too bad, if you are prepared to shop around a bit.

post-328-1109596647_thumb.jpg

Hendie

Charlk, moenie worrie nie! Ek dink ons het deurlopend meer verskeidenheid van vrugte en groente om te kies van as wat Pick 'n Pay ooit sou kon droom om voor te sit. Ons is ook 'n vars vrugte familie, en die vrugtemandjie in die kombuis is gedurig vol vars appels. lemoene, nartjies, pere ens. Die lekkerte is ook dat 'n mens hier bederf word met vrugte van oor die hele wêreld, dis soms nogal heel interessant om die vrugtetafels in Superstore te besoek, amper soos 'n tropiese ekspedisie!

Kyk bv. na dié week se flyer. :)

Cathy

Forget the fruit and veggies. I want some of that delicious looking lemon cream cake.