Sign in to follow this  
Tena

Bay of Fundy National Park

Tena

Hi,

For anyone who would like to experience more of the maritimes and especially New Brunswick, have a look at the Bay of Fundy website, it is beautiful and a good idea for a summer holiday!

http://www.tourismnbcanada.com/web/english...ndy/default.asp

Graham

Lyk my die Forum is bietjie oud. Hoop tog iemand lewe nog in New Bruswick, want ek gaan dalk daar gaan werk. Laat weet tog of daar nog een persoon is wat asem haal. Ek sal nou werklik waardeer om meer te weet van hoe dit daar is. Eintilik is die werk in Bouctouche, net bo Shediac. ok. Ek sal angstig wag vir 'n pols. :o

Pierre

Also would someone care to explain how old New Brunswick is and how it got it's name.

We get coop students from the UNB doing work terms up in FMM.

Graham

You should check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Brunswick

I found this link very useful. But the big gossip is if you go there yourself. Treat yourself and fly over. I loved it! You can also see lots of New brunswick on google map: hybrid. The french is like 400 Years out of date- even older than Qub. which is like 200 years younger.

The place is amazing. A lot of it is small. but the people dont have small minds - its not like the Free STATE! I loved every second... and the food.. my oh my. I just want to go back to New Bruswick. I was focused on Moncton, to Bouctouche and a little higher. Amazing all the way.

Ok wont rave on about it any longer... got my photos.. planning my next trip back.

johankok
You should check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Brunswick

A lot of it is small. but the people dont have small minds - its not like the Free STATE!

What's this grumbling about the Free STATE and small minds???? ---

I from the Orange FREE state's mountains.... of is nog valie se beperkte insig dat die vrystaat plat is... :P:):o

annied
The place is amazing. A lot of it is small. but the people dont have small minds - its not like the Free STATE! I loved every second... and the food.. my oh my. I just want to go back to New Bruswick. I was focused on Moncton, to Bouctouche and a little higher. Amazing all the way.

Ok wont rave on about it any longer... got my photos.. planning my next trip back.

I realise your post is as old as the hills, do you still live in NB

We are busy applying to move to Canada and as my husband is a commercial diver in the oil industry he was thinking of the Nova Scotia /NB areas. We hope there is work there

What is live like there, housing, jobs, weather, public transport?

Are there any other SA people?

Thanks

Liz

I am not sure about NB, but there are many ex SA's in NS.

Hendie

We are planning to move to New Brunswick next year, but we have already fallen in love with the place! Cannot wait!

annied
We are planning to move to New Brunswick next year, but we have already fallen in love with the place! Cannot wait!

Ek sook my dood op die forum vir iemand wat in NB bly. skaarser as hoender tande!!!

We are starting our application process from cape town and we narrowed it down to 4 places - at the moment Saint John is ahead on points so I think it will be saint john

Do you have any info that could help us - in terms of rentals (that allow pets), job oportunites, public transport. Any interesting titbits

My husband is a commercial diver on oil rigs and pipelines, and I see there is an oil compnay - Irving, but I can't figure out if they drill on land or in the ocean for oil.

What industry do you work in, I am in accounting so I figure that I can work in any industry - forever the optimist :blink:

Thanks

Anne

Carli

Do any of you live in Fredericton, NB? Or close?

EtienneL

I'm also looking at going to Fredericton, NB.  My wife's uncle and niece lives there (both expats).

Are any of you still there or in the area?

AnelleR2008
On 2/22/2018 at 1:47 AM, EtienneL said:

I'm also looking at going to Fredericton, NB.  My wife's uncle and niece lives there (both expats).

Are any of you still there or in the area?

Etienne,
It may be best to check out this FB group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/434674430060405/

EtienneL
8 hours ago, AnelleR2008 said:

It may be best to check out this FB group

Thanks Anelle!  I have joined the group.