Sign in to follow this  
Adele

Vancouver: Christmas Season Brunch/Lunch, 19th Dec

Adele

You are invited to join SACanada, Vancouver for Christmas 2004. This will be a definite RSVP event.

On the 19th of December at 2:30pm we will be at Enigma, located at 4397 W. 10th Ave. at the corner of 10th & Trimble St.

Owned by ex-South African-Canadians, Ivan, Lynette and Hiram Buchman (ex Bread Ahead in Durban) this facility can seat 130 and ALL FAMILY MEMBERS are welcomed to enjoy delicious meals from their brunch, desert and feature menus. They are willing to accommodate “Special Request” orders (must rsvp). South African wines will also be available.

Santa will also be there if you have children that will be joining us, then please bring a $5 or less, wrapped gift, with their name on. The Hostess will receive it from you and Santa will arrive at 3:45pm. We will also have a lucky draw and door prizes. So come out and enjoy a fun time of making friends, enjoying fine food and wine and making merry!

RSVP to: adele(at)sacanada.org or Wesley at wesley(at)sacanada.org.

Directions(please see attached map)

Situated on the main strip of West 10th Avenue in the heart of Vancouver's Point Grey community, Enigma is easy to find!

post-433-1101371028_thumb.jpg

From Downtown Vancouver:

1. from Granville St., travel South and cross the Granville St. bridge

2. exit Granville St.

3. continue South on Granville St. until 12th Ave. W.

4. turn right at 12th Ave. and travel West on 12th Ave. W. (2.0 km)

5. at Macdonald St., 12th Ave. turns into 10th Ave. W.

6. continue West on 10th Ave. W. until Trimble St. (2.8 km)

7. Enigma is located at 4397 W. 10th Ave. at the corner of 10th & Trimble St.

Wesley

Check out the website in the link above. I haven't been there yet myself but the place looks very nice.

I'll probably end up going there for supper one night to try it out and maybe have a chat with Hiram.

Guest Yvonne

Hi Adele and Wesley,

We would love to join you guys for the Christmas meet & greet on the 19th of December. We will be 4 people joining.

Yvonne and Andy

Adele

Hi Yvonne & Andy,

Looking forward to seeing you there. Please feel free to forward this invite onto as many people as possible.

So far we have 11 people. Off to a good start. :D

Wesley

I was at Enigma this evening for some dinner and a glass of wine with the lady. Very nice place and Hiram is an extremely nice fellow.

I highly recomment this restaraunt. Finding parking is a breeze too which makes it all that more attractive.

Adele

Thanks Gunting, I am looking forward to this! 17 people and counting.

Wesley

Make that 21 now!

I'll keep on editing this post for a head count.

Current list from responses to me:

Wesley + 2

Yvonne and Andy + 2

Lance

Vi

suziq

Edited by Wesley

Hiram
Thanks Gunting, I am looking forward to this! 17 people and counting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wesley,

Sorry that i did not say goodbye but unfortunately had lots of work with all the X-Mas parties.

Regards to all

Hiram

Wesley
Wesley,

Sorry that i did not say goodbye but unfortunately had lots of work with all the X-Mas parties.

Regards to all

Hiram

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to worry Hiram. I completely understand.

H seems to like your salads more than she does me! I think I might have a problem on my hands. :D

Guest Yvonne

For those doing Public Transport, Depart 1:14p from METROTOWN SKYTRAIN on "SKYTRAIN - platform sign TO WATERFRONT VIA COLUMBIA";. Arrive 1:23p at stop BROADWAY SKYTRAIN. Transfer 1:26p at WB E BROADWAY NS COMMERCIAL DR BAY1 to "99 UBC";. Arrive 1:53p at final destination stop WB W 10 AV FS SASAMAT ST. walk 0.17 km/

Wesley

Thanks for adding that information Yvonne.

Adele

Can I please get a final request in to everyone to email, call and drag friends out to this event it should be lots of fun. As of today we have only 2 children joining us. So Santa may miss this event and he is very disappointed about it. But I am sure the adults will be having an absolutlyfabulous time.

Ants, Wesley and your better half Majiec, SuzyQ, Ann, Andy and Yvonne, I look forward to seeing you there that day.

Majec

What is parking like in this area? Does anybody know where the closest parking lot is? One that is camper van friendly, this camper that I drive is a bit on the tall side.

Thanks

Guest Yvonne

Finding parking is a breeze too which makes it all that more attractive.

Info from Wesley's Posting.

Yvonne

Wesley

It is on the outskirts of a residential area so finding parking with a car is easy enough (although I'm used to battling with downtown traffic).

I don't believe there is a parking lot in that area so you may struggle a bit with the camper but it won't be impossible.

Ants

Hi :)

I'll be bringing my parter with me. Looking for ward to seeing everyone. Sad that there wont be alot of kids though. :ph34r: Christmas is so much better with little kiddies around.

- Ants

Adele

Ants,

Vader Kersfees was VERY disappointed. So was I. Santa, esepcially put on a few extra pounds and dyed his beard whiter than white for the occasion. Wanting to really treat the kids to an extra special treat. Well I think by next year he will be waiting for an invite as I am sure we will be doing this again.

Anyhow my two girls will be there and so will Michael and I.

Looking forward to it.