Sign in to follow this  
anthea

Birth Certificates

johankok

Agree with Cathy, I merely went to the Centurion office - and had the unabridged birth certificates within two weeks (aaah yes, I was told that it will take a lot longer). They printed normal birth certificates on the spot for me.

Warren, my antique Freestate matric certificate is bi-lingual - hence no translation or english version required. However, ou could apply either at the provincial office or with SAUVA for one.

Marli

Hi Warren

I phoned the Education department and asked for a reissue of my certificate and requested it in english. If this does not help, phone your old school and ask them who you should phone. I'm sorry, I actually can't remember if there was anything more to it than this, but your school should be able to tell you the appropriate number to dial - that's how I started my search.

This step also takes a while...

Good luck

ROLF

Hi Warren,

I recieved info that you could get a re-issue of your matric certificate in Pretoria (in English).

Address: Dept of Education, Pretorius Street (between Paul Kruger and Bosman Street) - Entrance, just South of Dept of Home Affairs---2nd floor---turn right---go to 2nd gate---on right hand side and enter.

It cost R15 per application and takes about 6 weeks or less.

I will be going there on Wednesday to find out more. The Vercuiel's (also a member on this forum) gave me this info.

(I'm not sure if you would be getting the same info in PE or if you would be able to get it from there quickly enough.)

Regards

ROLF

Hi everyone,

I am so happy and satisfied today. I can't believe that after applying six weeks ago, for our passports, unabridged marraige certificate and unabridged birth certificates, everything was ready. (I took a chance today to see if it was ready.) They handed me the whole package as if it was normal. Friends of mine are still waiting after 3 months for most of their documents. (Maybe it was my beautiful handwriting on the application forms that attracted them to finalise ours first :censored::D:cry: )

I must say I withdraw my negative remarks towards a previous comment I made about Centurion Home Affairs. All of our documents were in order and correct. (No typing mistakes or wrong photos etc.)

Just hope everything goes as smooth as this.

johankok

Centurion office are normally great, I did have some bad experiences, but that was not de to them, even though the documents came through them:

1 Me and my wife's photos swopped around

2 No response on 2 passports (Pretoria people lost the finger prints on one. Cannot remember the problem on the other)

Another experience when I lived in Malaysia: wrong photo (B&W instead of colour as well) on new ID and a wait of 18 months... quickly fixed (3 weeks) after returning the ID with new photos to the high commission

gracecat

I'm a bit surprised about having to have copies of birth certificates notarised before submitting to CIC. According to my document checklist "Appendix A", it states: "Send originals of the immigration forms and police certificates. Send photocopies of all other documents, unless instructed otherwise."

Note: I'm a Canadian sponsoring my husband. Maybe they are less stringent in our situation?