Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Immigration Time Line

Lemmer
Unfortunately Boeg your worst case fears are the reality. What happened was that on 9th August 2006 they updated their processing date from October 2003 to December 2003 but forgot to change their date last updated. In effect they processed 2 months worth of applications in a 6 month period. Our next website update, based on previous patterns, will probably not happen until February 2007. That's why a forum like this is so fantastic because we at least can share real times with each other.

Happy for you Lee enjoy your walk around the flagpole

Cathy

I remember reading somewhere on the CIC site that they are supposed to update every three months. So lets hope the update in November looks good.

Lemmer

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

:D Well, Canadian immigration is very user-friendly... :)

E-mailed the Buffalo folks with some questions and received a great response instructing me what to do.

Plus, a File # was included in their return e-mail and I was told to put that on all correspondence that we are resending, so I guess it means our application has been clocked in (date-wise) and our almost 22 yr.old son is included, and therefore safe! :D

I am so inbelievably relieved... :cowboy:

Guess the scars and singe marks from our previous immigration experience south of us still haunt me, lol.

Cannot wait for the day when we can put our feet under our table and say, "This land is now Home...tot hiertoe en nie verder nie!"

Cathy K

So happy for you, Ingrid!

I'm surprised that not more of us are nervous wrecks. I never want to do this again. Never!

Cathy K.

UPS delivered the application package to Buffalo this morning at 9.31 am! :unsure:

I must say, one learns a lot when you have to re-submit something...right down not to use anything fancy like metal pin dividers, tags dividing each section, etc. They took all the tags off (I had arranged the docs in the order Buffalo lists it online for skilled workers applications and had to redo it according to the form letter they sent me.)

I am very relieved it's safely back in the Consulate office again!

So happy for you, Ingrid!

I'm surprised that not more of us are nervous wrecks. I never want to do this again. Never!

Cathy K.

I hear you. Cathy!

By now I feel as if I have PTID. (Post-Traumatic Immigration Disorder.) :unsure:

johankok

Love the PTID - by now I must be either permant in that or immune to such.... The one thing that is as painfull as ever is the exactness to their request, oh so important, miss one step and you have problems.

Oldest son's student permit arrived in mail today.

Mailed his application to Seattle, and their receipt date was Aug 7. As it was in a busy time of the year (just before all colleges and universities start!), it took eight weeks to process and not the normal four weeks.

At least he has it and can now change his US license to a BC license + get on our medical plan. :rolleyes:

Another important step taken towards settling here...

boeg

They are STILL only on December 2003!

;) , :( , :) !!!

Cathy
They are STILL only on December 2003!

Now for a little bit of good news for a change. I have just received news from someone with a 11 February 2004 application that they have received medical requests!!!! Only one month of PR applications to go.

CharleneK

Ooooh, Cathy, I'm koeksistering all my fingers!

Charlene

Lemmer
Now for a little bit of good news for a change. I have just received news from someone with a 11 February 2004 application that they have received medical requests!!!! Only one month of PR applications to go.

Thats the best news we have had in a long time. :lol::):D Even though we are five months behind you Cathy we are so happy to hear they are finally on 2004 application...Yippee!!!! :D

Theresa

Guest Barbara

Cathy that is great news. We can't wait to welcome you to Calgary.

:D:):D

Moonstones

*happy dance*

Holding thumbs for you guys Cathy!! :)

boeg

Cathy, that is FAB news!

We still anticipate a looong wait for our call up but its a relief to know that CHCSA are sort of sticking to their advertised 32 months, even if they don't proclaim it on their website.

Cathy we share in your joy :D:D , everything of the best.

As for the Lemmers, good luck, we have plenty to :D:D celebrate at our next PE Coffee Club Meet. PE :D folk will always find reason to have a party.

Regards,

:) Lawrence

Laminda

Wonderfull news Cathy!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best "early" Christmas gift we could have wished for - some news!

We and the Lemmers are in the same month -

VASBYT OUENS - ONS IS AMPER DAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

DebbieW

Some really fantastic news - Our AOR date is March 2004 and we have been requested to do medicals, can't believe this has finally happened feels like a dream and I keep waiting to wake up.

Guest Barbara

Debbie that is wonderful news. Seems like they are moving again.

Where will you be settling ?

Good luck and now the fun starts.

:);):D

Cathy must be pleased to hear your news.

Lemmer
Some really fantastic news - Our AOR date is March 2004 and we have been requested to do medicals, can't believe this has finally happened feels like a dream and I keep waiting to wake up.

Wonderful news...!!!!!! :) Yippee!!!! so Cathy you will hear any day now...

I feel so excited for you and can imagine how exciting it must be for your family.

You are almost there.

Great stuff :D

Spy

Fantastic! We are July 2004 so we are also very excited as ours is drawing nearer too! So strange how nobody heard anything for months, then all of a sudden feb and march people have been called for medicals within weeks of eachother! Hope this current active trend continues in CHC.

Guest CharlvS

This is good news, Cathy. Myself and Dedré are crossing our fingers for your application to come through any day now!

If the 32-month trend is correct, we should only hear something about medicals in January 2008. That is still so very far away. :)

But we're hanging in there... :D

SA_student_Calgary

:D That is awesome, I'm really happy for al of those who've recieved medicals recently!! I can only imagine how excited and nervous you must be feeling!!! Here's hoping that they just fast track through 2004 and we keep hearing suck great news!! I know I'll be on top of the world when my family recieves our GREAT news!!!

Best of luck to all those still waiting,

When you look back the time would hust have "flown by" and yes I know that's easy to say!!

Hugs

Lana :)

Cathy

Debbie this is fantastic news for you guys. I wanted to shout with joy when I heard it earlier today. I am thrilled for Debbie and as we have an AOR one day apart I am beginning to think there is light at the end of the PR tunnel. (Couldn't shout as they might have asked some awkward questions at the office)

Debbie applied on her own and we used a lawyer in Canada so I'm just hoping that our medical requests are winging (hopefully not sailing) over the Atlantic to the immigration lawyer so that they can then send them back to us. Wait for the explosion guys you will hear it on the other side of the Atlantic.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts folks I really appreciate them.

Moonstones

Wow Debbie that is great news!! :cowboy:

Cathy, I hope you get your request soon!

*puts the champagne on ice*

Gideon

Hi Cathy,

Interesting the sudden frenzy in SA Canada Forums as the good news start to flow! In August we were so dissappointed as it looked as if we will never "get there" Now with PR apps dated March 2004 being processed, we are overjoyed.

My PR app date is 22 June 2004, and I have been waiting quitly for all the time now. I will let you know the moment something happens this side. We are holding thumbs that the workflow will stay so healthy at Pretoria.

Regards

Gideon