Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Immigration Time Line

nkrombein
Congratulations Shilowa and vroulief! This thread is probably the most uplifting of them all. So wonderful to hear of the successes you guys are having! We look forward to welcoming you on Canadian soil!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're lucky to get a response from them. My email went unanswered :blink: . Whaich e address did you use?

Cathy

Have just heard about someone with August 2003 AOR getting medical requests so it looks like they are working at 24 months at the moment. 6 months to go and counting. Just finding it hard to psyche the rest of the family up into the min dae feeling but I've definitely got it.

Cathy

CHC Pretoria have updated their timelines again. They are admitting to looking at September 2003 applications as at the beginning of November (25 months)

Hang in there Johnathn you time should be any day now. Kobus should we book medicals for Easter time?

LynneH

Hi all

Cathy asked me to share our timeline with you. I have to just caution you - that we took the real "scenic" and very long route approach to getting to Canada. A deliberate choice on our part.

We applied via London (UK) in 2002 just after the rules had changed and became very difficult. I was disheartened by the new and much tougher rules. I was sure we would have difficulties - but we applied anyway.

The application was approved very quickly, and surprised us completely - within 10 months. Our medicals were completed in april 2003 and we landed in Van in april 2004 where we did all of the necessary paperwork. However, we were at that stage not ready to move yet. So we returned to Cape Town and will leave now in Jan 2006.

So finally - it'll be our turn to arrive and find our feet. Scary and exciting all rolled up into one!

L

nkrombein

Well done Shilowa.

I have a tear of joy in me eyes for you. :cry::D

We too have been waiting, albeit only since Aug 2003. They say that our file is on one of the officers' desks (in a pile) - that was a month ago and still no letter for medicals.

Does anyone know how long it takes to process one application?

Nolan

DJB, Its surprisingly easy.

I contacted my local army base (Lenz in this case) and they look up a record on the computer and I got a letter.

I went through to fetch it because I wanted it urgently.

Nolan

Jonathan

We have a similar tale of waiting.

We applied in Aug 2003. Recently (Oct), we were told that our file is on a desk. A month later, we still have no letter.

Any news from your side yet?

regards

Nolan

Edited by nkrombein

djb

What a FANTASTIC Christmas present!!!

Today we finally checked our postbox, and found, to our delight, a letter from the CHC requesting us to bring in our passports and visa photos so we can get our visas! Only 2 days before Christmas :unsure:

We will take them in the first week of January, and get cracking with the packing ;)

We hope you all have a blessed Christmas and peaceful New Year!

Guest Barbara

Great news, wonderful timing.

All the very best. When did you apply for those waiting ?

Edited by Barbara

theDavidsons

What a wonderful Christmas pressie. ;)

How long was your wait from date of application?

Good luck with everything.

Cheers

Vicki :unsure:

Harry

Congratulations, folks!

djb

Hi

Date of application was May 2003, so total duration will be (to January) 32 months.

We took a couple of extra months to update our application with our son's details, so let's say current processing time for straight-forward applications should be around 30 months.

Cheers

David

Cathy

Super Christmas present guys. Good luck with the packing and moving and keep in touch with your experiences.

Kobus & Adele

Well done David. Keep us in the loop on what's happening once you get to Canada.

Kobus

jfharris
Super Christmas present guys. Good luck with the packing and moving and keep in touch with your experiences.

Hi there

Are there any folk out there who, like us, applied for Canadian PR in October 2003 ? We have not heard anything - getting a bit frustrated with this long process !!!

Regards

Johnathan

Guest Barbara

Hi Jonathan

I would have thought you would have heard by now.

Good Luck.

Barbara

maggiemay

Hi Jonathan

We applied in June 2003 - still waiting.

Maggie

jfharris
Hi Jonathan

We applied in June 2003 - still waiting.

Maggie

Hi Maggie

I note that you are in Edmonton but still waiting for your PR visa. How does that work ? I am just curious. My brother-in-law applied in August 2003 and was told to go for medicals in September 2005. What I cannot understand is why his application was processed ''faster'' than say say, yours !!! I am beginning to have doubts about this whole process as I suspect that some applicants are favoured over others. I may be wrong but that is what I suspect.

Regards

Jjohnathan

Cathy

Hi Johnathan

Hang in there. It is the silly season in SA where, as you know everything grinds to a halt from the 15th December until the middle of January. Gauteng schools start on the 11th January and I'm sure you'll hear shortly thereafter.

CeeEee

Hello mense,

Ek het gedag om my bydra te lewer in die opname van tydlyne in die PR proses. Ek doen my aansoek onder die 'Spouse/common-law partner in Canada class'. (my man wat Kanadees is, is my borg/sponsor) Ek doen ook terselfdetyd aansoek vir 'n 'open work permit', wat toegelaat word in hierdie klas.

Ek sal glo my werkers permit ontvang sodra die eerste been van die proses afgehandel is...min of meer 8 maande van nou af. Die volle PR proses soos ek hom doen neem min of meer 12 maande op hierdie stadium.

Ek dink daar is seker minder immigrante wat dit op hierdie manier doen as die wat deur die 'skilled worker' ens. doen.

Dit het ons 7 maande geneem om al die dokumentasie bymekaar te maak. Ek is so bly dat ek my SA police clearance en my geboorte sertifikaat gereel het voor ek op die vliegtuig geklim het hiernatoe, andersins sou dit ook tyd aangelas het. Twee items uit die hele spul het veroorsaak dat dit so lank geneem het.

My police clearance van Skotland af het altesame 10 weke geneem om hier te arriveer.(ek het vir 'n jaar en 3 maande daar gewoon) Dit het tien pond gekos, en ons moes dit in kontant stuur...so ek het sommer 'n tien pond noot by my bank gekoop. (CIBC vra geen kommisie van kliente af nie) Ek stuur die vorms en die tien pond toe sommer geregistreerde pos.

Ons trou sertifikaat het ons 5 maande geneem om te kry! :P Ons het in Toronto getrou. Eers moes ons 10 weke wag voor ons daarvoor mag aansoek doen. Dit neem glo so lank voor hulle daarby uitkom. Toe neem dit nog 10 weke voor hulle die ding proseseer en aanstuur. Ek weet nie of dinge vinniger gaan in ander stede nie.

Maar nou is alles klaar, vorms ingevul, en gaan vandag in die pos. :D

Ek sal laat weet sodra dinge aan die gang is, en sal dan met elke belangrike verwikkeling in ons aansoek dit hier aanteken.

Ons hoop maar dinge verloop ongewoon vinnig, maar ek besef dat dit nie sommer die geval sal wees nie.

O ja, voor ek afsluit...ek het iets geleer wat ek nie geweet het nie. (Miskien is ek al een wat nie geweet het nie?!) Sodra mens vir jou PR aansoek gedoen het, saam met jou 'open work permit' mag jy jou status as 'visitor' maar laat verval. Ek was onder die indruk dat ek dit na die 6 maande periode weer moet laat hernu, tot ek my PR status het. Obviously kan mens dan nie die land verlaat nie. (wat hulle in elk geval vir mens vertel om te doen)

CeeEee

As a matter of interest we submitted our paperwork for PR to CHC in Pretoria 15 October 2005. We received notification on 11 November 2005 that our file has been received for processing. Processing times indicated in our notification letter as 24 to 30 months.

Will shortly be leaving on an exploration business trip to Chicago USA, Toronto and Lethbridge in Alberta. It is going to be a tiring trip but looking forward to it.

Regards to all.

Cathy

Thanks for that feedback. It looks like they haven't changed the standard letter yet unlike visa posts like London which are now quoting 36 months.

Maybe I'll still get out of here this year!!!!

hanlie

:blink:

Hey All!

Here is the 3 year timeline for our slightly convoluted process. All in all it has been more than worthwhile!

3 January 2003 : Started getting paperwork together, like unabridged marriage and birth certificates etc.

March 2003 : Did the IETLS English language test in Jhb (just the principal applicant)

March/April 2003 : Did some work-related certification exams

12 June 2003 : Application submitted in Pretoria

November 2003 : Completed post-graduate management programme at UNISA, added that to

application:extra points.

July 2004 : Got a work offer in Toronto

November 2004 : Got 1 year work permit and came to Toronto, while PR process was going

October 2005 : Got extended work permit for another year, until end 2006.

July 2005 : Work permit medicals expired

July 2005 : letter of conditional acceptance for Immigration, interview waived.

September 2005 : went for medicals again, in Toronto

Early October 2005: Designated doctor sent medical results directly to Kenia from Toronto. (I gave them

the address)

October 2005 : sent landing fees as a CDN bank draft to SA

January 2006 : sent off passports and photos to Pretoria via family member

(there was a delay due to husband traveling to US)

23 January 2006 : Received passports with IM1 visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence Document.

So by now we are settled in Toronto, renting an apartment, working plus doing volunteer stuff,

and generally just enjoying life! This winter in Toronto is so mild , I am beginning to think that snow is just a vicious rumour started by Americans!

Note: If you are in Canada on a work permit, and your employer gives you a permanent employment offer upon receiving the PR visa, you don’t have to do the Flagpole procedure (cross the US border) you can just go to your CIC office and do the landing process there. This is my situation, so I am happy to report that we will do our landing next week, as soon as husband returns from the US.

Best regards

Hanlie

:D

Cathy
CHC Pretoria have updated their timelines again. They are admitting to looking at September 2003 applications as at the beginning of November (25 months)

Hang in there Johnathn you time should be any day now. Kobus should we book medicals for Easter time?

- POSTED ON 24th NOVEMBER

And today is the 13th of February and they have update their website to say processing October 2003 - 28 months now. So they should be knocking on Johnathan's door any day now and Wessel should be starting to knock their door down!!!

Kobus looks like Easter is fading into the distance

Hendrik W

We were contacted by CHC this morning requesting to submit Passports for PR's. Needless to say, I immediately did the photo thing, so did my partner. Will deliver passports to CHC in PTA tomorrow morning between 08H00 - 10H00. 5 days till PR is issued from the day CHC receives passport.

Time line in short:

1. Applied in May 2002 - application lodged with CHC in June 02.

2. Submitted additional Info in Sep 04, (the whole razzle dazzle thing ......?)

3. Call for medicals in Jan 06,

4. Call for passports in March 06 (3 weeks to the day that medicals arrived in Nairobi!)

5. Total time waited: 46 months!!!!

5. Flying on 14 May 06 to Toronto.

Cathy, I am really holding thumbs for you and family to get the call from CHC!!!

Wessel

:):lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cathy K

Wonderlik! Veels geluk! :)

Julle voete gaan skaars grond vat oor die volgende paar maande, sterkte in die tyd wat voorlê.

Cathy K.

Theo Kruger

Just wanted to share it with everybody. We applied in the UK in Oktober 2004. On Monday we received a letter from the CHC in london, saying that they are very busy and that we won't hear from them till Febrauary 2007. So, now we have to stay another year in london. :)

Looks like, we have to make the best out of it.

Carmen & Theo :P