Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Immigration Time Line

Cathy

We're really happy for you guys!!!! Last time we saw you I think you thought it would never happen. Hopefully we can squeeze in a get together before you leave and can share you experiences post medical.

Shilowa

Thanks Heinrich, Linda (yeh, how will we forget you & John) and Cathy ... were still planning for Vancouver. We trust (HOPE!) that a job for one of us will materialise before we step onto the plane (busy with final negotiations!)

What happened to Kobus' efforts to get a next GCC session arranged - we would like to compare notes! Cathy, good luck - we're holding thumbs!

I have to go ... busy updating my many lists and sjoe ... there are so many to do now. We have waited four years, sold our house in May 2001 as not to get under any pressure in the home stretch but guess what :D ... there is plenty of what we hoped will not happen to us! That is also exciting - isn't it!

OK, enjoy the weekend!

Shilowa ... still @ Gauteng (but now in the home stretch) :cry:

djb

Congrats, Shilowa!

Looking forward to seeing your signature as

Shilowa @ Canada

:o

Harry

Shilowa,

congratulations. This was a particularly hard slog you folks had to do.

Now starts the period where South Africa starts to seem utterly surrealistic to you. Don't let it get to you. It is in fact SA that is totally weird, not you!

You will see that with great clarity after you have been in Canada for a while. Keep us posted.

Your timing is also good. The BC economy is now going great guns, and is outpacing Alberta in some areas. So things will be better for you now, than when you applied.

Gautenger

Congrats Shilowa & Good luck to you & Raoulb.

Kobus & Adele

Well done Shilowa!!!

You really deserve this after the long time you spent anguishing about the delay (s) of your application.

Kobus

djb

Hi Folks

I know of at least one person on this forum that is dying to hear this...

We received our letter informing us to do medicals and submit other stuff on Tuesday B) .

Now we need to get our 7 week old a passport :P , and send a letter to CHC to make sure they don't penalise us if we go over the 60 days time limit.

A question: They have asked for statutory proof that I was not required to do military service. I matriculated after the compulsory military service requirement was abolished, so how exactly do I do this? :o

Have a gr8 day!

Dave

Harry

Congratulations, djb.

Unfortunately I cannot answer your question, but some other folks here must have had this issue before.

Cathy

YEEHAH!!!!!!!

Yes I am thrilled for all 3 of you. It must seem strange after 25 months of waiting to now have to start getting into top gear again.

Guest Barbara

Good luck, Dave and family, when did you apply ?

Cathy it will be your turn next !!!! The wait is nearly over.

Edited by Barbara

djb

Thanks, Cathy. Yup, it's your turn next ;-)

Barbara, we applied in May 2003.

Dave

Cathy

From your lips etc...... We are 10 months behind in the queue so maybe by Jan 2006!

djb look at this link for a contact in Pretoria who you might be able to get a letter from about military details Military Details

Did they want new police clearance certificates from you?

djb

Thanks, Cathy.

Did they want new police clearance certificates from you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interestingly, no! Maybe I just have a really innocent looking face :unsure:

jfharris

My wife recently e-mailed CHC in Pretoria

enquiring about our application process. We lodged in Oct. 2003. Their reply was that they estimated that a " substantive review of our immigration application will commence in approximately Oct. 2005 ". What does this mean ? Any answers out there ?

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Johnathan

Cathy

That means they will take your file out of the dusty cupboard where it has been languishing since October 2003 and start to work on it. They will then send you a request for medicals and any other sustantiating documentation they need.

I guess if you haven't done so already you should apply for FBI clearance as you need proof of no criminal record in any country where you have been resident for more than 6 months. Your 18 year old will also have to get one. I know that this can take a while so if you didn't submit them with your original application you might as well be proactive.

October 2005 is only 10 weeks away. Wish I was in your shoes. Our AOR date is 10th March 2004 which means we should hear in March 2006. Then this board will hum as Larry and Kobus are in a similar time frame. From what you have said it looks like they are running at 24 months at the moment.

Please let us know as soon as you get that wonderful "brown" envelope.

Shilowa

Well guys ... guess what! We've received our visas today - 43 months later :unsure:! Vroulief is leaving tomorrow for an appointment with a company in Vancouver and, if we're lucky, we'll land with one of us having a job (thanks to vroulief's proactive attitude)!

Whatever, we'll be on the plane early Sep not to lose too much time in the new school year for our eldest starting with school now.

The end of the road (on this side of the Atlantic) - now the journey starts on the other side - what a ride :P !

Regards

Shilowa ... changing pace in Gauteng

Hendie

Congratulations Shilowa and vroulief! This thread is probably the most uplifting of them all. So wonderful to hear of the successes you guys are having! We look forward to welcoming you on Canadian soil!

dvanschalk

Response from CHC Pretoria

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 04:11

"We are currently reviewing applications received in June/July 2003."

maggiemay

Thanks for that bit of information! We applied in June 2003 maybe we'll be hearing soon! Ag tog ek hoop so!

Maggie

Gautenger

Congrats guys, min dae now.

Kobus & Adele

Great news Dave!

There are a few of us in line and it is really uplifting to see that there seem to be a little more movement than over the previous year.

Cathy, ourselves and Larry are all more or less in the same time frame. This board will really start to humm soon as Cathy said.

Vasbyt, the CHC mail is a little slow...

Kobus

Cathy K

I remember walking a path out to the post box every day - and then they phoned us! :D It was the best birthday present Pierre ever got.

Cathy K.

Larry

Kobus,

Sorry to say but I have beat you guys to the game. I have a job offer and will be gone in 3 months time. Where you been lately?

I will get confirmation soon on the work permit and it is plain sailing from there on.

Guest Barbara

Where will you settling Larry ?

Good luck and well done.

Larry

I have just signed the offer of employment and now only have to wait for a temporary visa to be issued. I could well be in Canada very soon for good.

I will settle in Fort McMurray.