Harry

Immigration Time Line

bianca

:unsure::P:P:P:P

1. Applied December 2002

2. Received notice - application logged as January 2003

3. Letter requesting additional info and medicals for husband and I end September 2004. Panic stations - write to CHC to request to add new baby to application, and request her medical forms

5. Receive letter with baby's medical forms end October 2004.

6. Went for medicals 19 November, couriered to Kenya during last week of November 2004.

7. CHC phoned my husband to say they are sending the letter requesting passports!!!!!!!!!!! yesterday 6th January 2005.

Basically - from start to finish (almost, I couriered our passports today!), we took 25 months.

Hang in there all the other hopeful wannabee Canadians!

Liz

Good for you, Bianca! Hopefully we'll get to meet when you arrive in Halifax!

djb

Hey!

CHC website update: they are now processing applications submitted in December 2002!

Quite a jump from June 2002...

Finally some action :blink:

Cathy

Some progress. This means that they are currently running at 24 months. Actually jumped from April to December which is 8 months processing in a 4 months reporting period i.e. website updated September and again in January.

Of course on SACanada we are ahead of the game as we already knew in September from Tanya and Bianca that they were processing December 2002.

Come on all you 2003 applicants let us know as soon as you receive communication from CHC so we can continue to stay ahead of the game. djb I reckon we'll get an excited message from you by the end of February. :rolleyes:

rofantlil

guys i know we will get there!!Ants and lils

Ansie

Hi to all!

We applied for PR in October 2004.Got our first letter from HC 3 weeks after that to ask for more info on application and we received a file number.

Maybe anyone can tell us where to go about on the net to check how far the application is now?

Is it better to phone or better to enter filenumber..somewhere and check?

We also applied as "self employed" under bussiness class.

Anybody with info on People wanting to immigrate to Canada in Eastern Cape? We've moved to Jeffreysbay in the mean time.. Any Coffe club meetings around PE "Port Elizabeth" or Jeffreysbay?

Please contact us..

Hang in there everyone still on the waiting list! It's worth while!

Ansie ;)

bianca

Received passports (finally after fighting :whistling: with our consultants) yesterday 16 Feb 05...:whistling:

the house is sold, & we've bought tickets, so:

Now for a month's holiday in Cape Town with the family, and then::::::::

Ta-Da!!!!!

:D:whistling::lol:

Arriving in Halifax on 31 March 05!!!!

Total time from application to landing = 27 months.

Edited by bianca

shaun

Way to go Bianca!!!!!!!

Good Luck

Hendrik W

Incomplete Timeline:

Feb 2002 - lodged application

May 2002 - received letter from CHC, stating application has been lodged,

Oct 2004 - Received letter from CHC requesting affidavit re military service,

Jan 2005 - received word from CHC that final review of file is 7 Feb 05.

March 2005 - no feedback from CHC yet ........

Tried to contact CHC - needless to say, no luck there! - cant even get to speak to the person handling our application.

Anyone with similar timeline?

Alas, we wait!!

Wessel

:D

Marli

Hi Wessel..

We lodged our application at the end of 2000 and finally got approval at the end 2003. Remember that when you receive your visa, they are valid from the day you did your medical. This meant for us that we had approx 6 months to get to Canada after receiving our Visa. We immediately went out and bought our plane tickets and arrived in Canada in May 2004.

Its a slow and long wounded process! But it has an end! Really! And then the fun starts. Life as you know it will end the day you receive your approval! It's been a rollercoaster (with 3 moves since arriving in Canada), but worthwhile!

Have fun!

BarbaraS

Wessel

We faxed the CHC and they phoned us. You may want to try this. We faxed to ask if there was any documentation out standing.

We also left a message on the answering machine and they called us with in 24 hours.

We applied September 2001. Got medical instruction March 24th 2004.

Good luck.

Shilowa

Bianca

Received passports (finally after fighting  :boxing: with our consultants) yesterday 16 Feb 05...:D

Total time from application to landing = 27 months.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In which category did you guys apply?

Shilowa ... still in Gauteng (38months after we applied :unsure: )

Shilowa
Incomplete Timeline:

Feb 2002 - lodged application

March 2005 - no feedback from CHC yet ........

Tried to contact CHC - needless to say, no luck there! - cant even get to speak to the person handling our application.

Anyone with similar timeline?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wessel

Yep ... same boat here. Lodged on 24 Dec 2001 (thus falls in the Rasolzadeh class). We try to harass CHC diplomatically but it seems that it does not have any positive effect. I guess the court case to be held on March 14 has a delaying affect although in a telephonic conversation with one of the CHC employees (after another fax was sent to them) they denied that it affects our application.

Be strong!

Shilowa ... still @ Gauteng (38months and counting :D )

Hendrik W
Wessel

Yep ... same boat here.  Lodged on 24 Dec 2001 (thus falls in the Rasolzadeh class).  We try to harass CHC diplomatically but it seems that it does not have any positive effect.  I guess the court case to be held on March 14 has a delaying affect although in a telephonic conversation with one of the CHC employees (after another fax was sent to them) they denied that it affects our application.

Be strong!

Shilowa ... still @ Gauteng (38months and counting B) )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Shilowa

Got a call from CHC today, after numerous messages in fax form and voicemail. Application still under review! They cant say when medicals will happen - delay caused by bureaucracy. We just have to wait.

34 months and counting.....

:blink:

Rose

I got a call on Monday from CHC wanting to know what happened to my medicals casue they weren't in Nairobi,..............turns out they were sent to Ottowa! <_<

They aslo wanted a receipt from my sponsor for 975 cad, news to me!!!! Anyway that is all they apparently need so will be interesting to see how long this takes!!

(first I have to cough up the dough and I cant do that for 2 weeks)

Cathy

Nearly missed this one. CHC have updated their website. They now say they are processing applications for March 2003. Only 12 more months before they get to mine :ilikeit:

HOWEVER they have also changed the page so that they no longer give any type of time-line as to how long it takes before skilled immigrants can expect to get to the substantive review stage. The merely state that the process takes 6-8 months after the substantive review.

On their stats for 2004 they are quoting up to an average of 41 months to process applications (that probably includes the 6 to 8 months referred to above)

Edited by Cathy

BevBrad

If only CHC would publish the number of applications it receives on a quarterly basis. Boy wouldn't that be an interesting statistic.

Maybe this information is available, anyone know? I cannot imagine why it would be censored.

Brad

BevBrad

Well I did find the stats on number of Perm Residents arriving from SA in a given year. Peaked in 2000, 2001 and down by 500 persons in 2003.

This does show a declining trend !

This data of course has a lag of a few years though. I am more interested in number of applications approved or not in a given year.

Brad

Seanhay

Hang in there Cathy! I must say I've become a little disillusioned at this whole immigration process. I'm not sorry we've come but I think the waiting period is an utter farce. If I see how many criminals and 'low-lifes' buck the system and just stay here it makes me wonder. Someone recently made a very appropriate observation on this site that what Canadians need is cheap labour, and the way they're getting it is to attract highly skilled immigrants with capital, who get ripped off when they finally land here. I know it sounds cynical but that's the feeling I have right now too.

Still, it's a great country and we're enjoying this lovely weather!! :ilikeit:

Raoulb

Hello all, while reading cic today this is only my first time reading the processing times. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/ti...killed-fed.html

My application was processed in vienna, 30% within this category are processed within 6 months. Mine took 3 months. So I thought I was special, but it seems to me that the process is really quick over here :) Vienna seems to be the qucikest processing point worldwide. Its only 9 days to go .... we are getting extremely nervous. Coming with nothing and hoping to build a empire :P speak soon

jfharris

Why does it take so long to apply for Canadian PR through CHC in Pretoria ? It seems ridiculous to wait for 3 years plus before hearing the outcome of your application. Any comments out there ?

Johnathan

Raoulb
Why does it take so long to apply for Canadian PR through CHC in Pretoria ? It seems ridiculous to wait for 3 years plus before hearing the outcome of your application. Any comments out there ?

Johnathan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I absolutely agree with you 100%... If I knew that it would take three years to process, I must admit that I probably would not do it.. What makes it even more embarrassing is that most of you people applying from South Africa have a wealth of experience and education, while me and my wife are only 26 and it takes three months.. It makes no sense. Finally I can say, next week I am in Toronto... ;)

Shilowa

Well well ... just to let you all know:

-We submitted our applications Dec 24, 2001.

-New kiddy arrived in March 2004 and we updated all docs in Sep 2004.

-Received a letter to go for medicals (after zillions of faxes to CHC) on April 22, 2005.

-Courier our medicals to Nairobi on May 13, 2005.

-Got a letter NOW (Jul 1, 2005 :D:cry:B);):)) to say "we can take our passports for issueing of visas"

OK, now we will go into some sort of planning frenzy ... schools start on Sep 6 ... perhaps we can catch that bus :D??

Shilowa ... still @ Gauteng (but ... MIN DAE! :D)

Heinrich

Congratulations, Shilowa. Your application went in the same time as mine, however, I had a job offer and have now been here for 17 months. I hope everything goes well with the arrangements to start the "great trek" over the Atlantic (or Pacific) to this wonderful country of open spaces. Good luck with the adjustments to a new way of living. :cry:

Linda

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done ! John and I are so happy for you guys (just in case you forgot, we are the breakfast guys in Pretoria - December last year !)

Now the fun begins, good luck with the packing up and the HUGE move, take each day as it comes and let us know if we can be of any practical assistance to you guys. Where are you guys headed ? Keep us informed.

Good luck guys - we're very happy for you !

Linda

:cry::D:):D:D