Harry

Immigration Time Line

Harry

Immigration Time Line

The long wait for the prized Canadian Permanent Resident Visa

We are creating this particular topic to give folks a place to post their timelines for the process of getting their Canadian Permanent Resident Visas. It would be good if folks could keep track of the process, and then post their timelines here as soon as they have the visas in their hands.

Those of us that have been through this mindless anguish, know how tough this process is on folks that have already had a tough time making the decision to emigrate from their beloved South Africa, and who are now suddenly confronted with the reality of having to wait up to three years to start a new life all over.

It would be a great help to the folks that are starting out on this process, or who have been in it for only a year or so, if we could oblige them with this information. It gives them something to check their own cases against and helps everyone with the calibration process. It is no good for anyone if they have unrealistic expectations regarding this process.

List Of Applications (PM a host to add yours!)

• Hendie Aug, work permit Feb 1999, landed Dec 1999
    • Harry Sep, Received permanent resident visa in May 2000

[*]2004

• Whitemale Feb, PPR April 2007, Landed May 2007
    • Cathy March, Landed Jan 2007
    • DebbieW Mar, PPR Feb 2007, Landed April 2007
    • Kobus/Adele Apr Medicals April 2008 PR issue 5 September 2008 (UNBELIEVABLE)
    • Bv2006 May PPR May 2007
    • Matie Apr Medicals June 2007, PPR Oct 2007
    • Gideon 22 Jun, medicals requested 1/3/2007. PPR 8/6/2007
    • robert 22 Jun, medicals 19 Mar 2007 PPR 26/06/2007
    • Onsvierb 6 Jul, medicals 5th April 2007 PPR 30/07/2007
    • Spy July Medicals 28th May 2007 PPR 13/09/2007
    • Loopy July PPR requested May 2007 Landed 25/5/2007
    • Nomad July
    • Williamo Aug - landed WP Apr 2007 Medicals requested 13 June 2007 PPR January 2008
    • Carlo en Laminda vd Merwe 13 Aug Medicals 11 June 2007 PPR 4/12/2007
    • Lemmer and OomDee 1 Sep Interview and medical requests August 2007 PPR January 2008
    • Ansie Oct
    • TheoKruger Oct (London) PPR 16th October 2007
    • Adey PPR 3 February 2011
    • Steph 26 Nov More info Mar 2010 PPR 3rd March 2011
    • MalcolmJHB 24 Dec Medicals Mar 2010 PPR 23rd November 2010

[*]2005

• Muddyhog Feb (London)
    • Glenn Mar, More Info 31 Mar 2010 Medicals 4 Nov 2010 PPR 10th March 2010
    • 4Sasolians Mar, More info Mar 2010, Medicals May 2011
    • Malinda May
    • Mienkie 30 May
    • Charlvs and Dedré 1 Jun
    • hennie_dup 3 Jun
    • Four Geese 4 Aug
    • Montewolf Sep
    • Quintin Du Plessis Sep
    • Redant Oct
    • Lawrence (Business Class Application) 11 Nov, Interview 11 June 08, Medicals 4 July, waiting...

[*]2006

• Minette Jan
    • Van 18 Jan
    • Spot 28 Apr
    • Blesbuk May
    • Moonstones AOR 05 Jul, PNP approved, Medicals 10 Apr 2007, PR Visa May 2007, landing July 2007
    • Sam Trusler Jul
    • Lisa and Ian Aug AOR
    • Tom+Belinda Aug AOR
    • mik 5 Sep AOR
    • Warren 9 Sep AOR
    • johankok Sep
    • Ingrid Hurrell18 Oct, Medicals (interview waived) 22/05/07 , PPR 7 August 07
    • BartolMavric 5 Dec

[*]2007

[*]2008

Edited by Dedré

Yogibird

Hey All

I just want to share with all of you the fact that I received approval for Permanent Residence from within Canada today. Here is what happened to me before I got it......might help some other applicant that applies within Canada.

Time Line on internet (CIC website) for applications received up to 7 July is 210 days.

During this time I have extended my Visitors visa twice. Got 6 months extension every time I applied.

21 February 2003 - Went to do my Medical Examination.

9 June 2003 - Send my fingerprints to RCMP for police clearance.

23 June 2003 - Send my fingerprints to South Africa for police clearance.

7 July 2003 - Send my application for PR (without SA Police Clearance and

RCMP Police clearance certificate) to Vegreville - Alberta.

30 July 2003 - Receive confirmation on my Internet Status that

Immigration CIC has started processing my application after receiving it on July 7th.

8 September 2003 - Received confirmation on my Internet Status that

Immigration CIC has received my SA Police Certificate.

13 November 2003 - RCMP completed my fingerprints and said that they have

send it to Vegreville - Alberta

22 November 2003 - Received confirmation from CIC via Phone call(I called

them) that they have received my Medical papers and Police

Clearance from RCMP.

6 February 2004 - Received phone call from Immigration. They needed to know

a few things regarding my application. She was satisfied

and said she will call me later the afternoon to let me know

if my application was successful.

After about 1 hour she called back with the good news....

I have been approved for Permanent Residence.

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for your approval!

Have a wonderful day!

Regards

Yogi

Harry

Congratulations Yogibird! Feels good, eh! :lol:

Pierre

Congratulations Yogi !!!

Hendi,

I wonder how many of the Sacanada members have PR.

With the new secrecy laws of private information one may get into hot water if you made a survey.... not sure. :lol:

Yogibird

:D Thanks guys!

Regards

Yogi

Nicole

HI Yogi,

Maybe you could 'shed some light' for me, im wanting to come out to Canada (I currently live in SA) my immediate family live in Ontario.. What is the chance of me arriving in Canada for a 'holiday' applying while im there for permanent residency - lenght of time??? and can I work??? I will be on a French passport and will therefore not need a visa to go there, my boyfriend on a South African - we will therefore need him to be on a visa....

Thanks so much

Nicole

Nicole

Sorry im brand new to this forum (registered today) on advice from my mum - who along with the rest of the family have been in Canada since Sept 2002. I 'quoted' just now... ooops - so hope this works.

I want to know if anyone can help me.

I am currently residing in SA, (Hillcrest) and want to come out to Canada ASAP. My immediate family lives in SA. My boyfriend who wants to come out with me's, sister and brother in law have been landed immigrants for a number of years as well. And the other person who will be coming is my son who is 6 in a couple of weeks.

What are the chances if we go to Canada under the pretences of a holiday, myself and my son are on a French passport so no Visa is necessary and my boyfriend on a South Africa. And then when in Canada apply either for work permit visa's or permanent residency... how long is this procedure and is it a viable option. as we cannot take a massive risk if the chance of everything working in our favour is only 50%. Also we would need to start working ASAP.

Please any advice would be fantastic...

Nicole

Guest Girlwithnoname

even if you found a job in Canada while in Canada, the work permit still has to be processed in your home country, so you would have to go home to validate it. Permanent Residency also has to be applied for thru your regular country of residence and can take several years. Your best bet might be to start this all from home and stay put until approved. If you want more detailed advice from a seasoned professional, I was given very wise and valuable assistance from one very good one. Please email me directly at girlwith_noname@hotmail.com if you want a professional's opinion.

GWNN (aka Jackie)

Yogibird

Sorry, forgot to sign in again!

YOGI

Nicole

Thanks for all your help everyone.. I have contacted a lawyer from this site, from what I can see so far, applying for a work permit seems the quickest option, but then the problems are - being offered a job and getting it approved the HRDC... oh well, will keep on trying...

Thanks

Jules

Hi all,

The good news is that we (finally, at long last, after all this time, eventually) got our PR visas today via the courier.

Our timelines were as follows:

Started paper work in December 2000: apply for passport, full birth certificates and full marriage certificate

April 2001: passport, full birth certificates and full marriage certificate ready.

Originally applied in May 2001 (independent skilled category).

Never got AOR...

After a long fight and ping-pong letter and calls, our file is marked as received October 2001.

Receive AOR in November 2001.

May 2002: got gatvol with points test change and retroactive application of points test: sent letter of resignation to CHC PTA

June 2002: back to my senses: send letter to CHC PTA to say we changed our minds (again) and we want file reopened!

July 2002 file reinstated.

April 2004: letter of conditional acceptance, interview waived.

April 2004: went for medicals

April 2004 apply for police clearance

May 2004: send off passports, immigration size photos, landing fees and police clearance

June 2004: resend immigration size photos

24 June 2004: PR visas arrive!

God-willing, we land in Toronto 24 August 2004 and we (family of 4) plan to stay in Ancaster / Hamilton area.

Thanks so much to everyone that assisted with questions and answers.

God speed to those still waiting.

Never thought I would say it, but WAS worth the wait. KING OF THE WORLD. Damn, I feel like doing that scene from Titanic...

Cheers

Julian

Daléne

Congratulations Julian,

Hope you and your family have a safe trip and settle in quickly once you get here B)

Liz

Congratulations!! I can relate to that feeling!!

Guest Barbara

Good Luck and all the best. We know exactly how you are feeling.

B):D:D:D

Hendie

Congratulations Jules! Now you're in the home straight. Thanks for the timeline, others will appreciate it.

thelategans

Congratulations Julian. You have also chosen a most beautiful part pf Ontario to start. There are lots of expats in Ancaster and Hamilton.

Stuart

gl_williams

Congratulations Julian,

Must be an excellent feeling - the worst of it is over! Must be looking forward to the trip over - please keep us updated when you arrive as it is always great to see how one adjusts.

Regards

Gary

Gautenger

Congrats Julian, hope everything runs smoothly from here on for you guys, keep us updated.

Angela

This is our immigration time line:

30 January 2002- Applied to CHC

12 Feb 2002- CHC lock in date for our application

23 July 2004- Received letter of provisional acceptance and instructions for medicals

3 August 2004- Went for Medicals

9 August 2004- Medical results were received in Kenya

9 September 2004- Visas are ready for collection at CHC Pretoria

We'll have our visas on Monday!!!! :lol::lol:

Hope this helps those still waiting, to get an idea of the time periods.

Hendie

Two years and Seven months! Way to hang in there Angela! We are all very happy for you. Now you're in the home stretch! Just remember SACanada is not just for getting information and support while you're waiting. NOW your immigration experience REALLY start, right from the preparations for departure, the teary goodbyes, the heady arrival, the newly-arrived-honeymoon, the scatter-to-get-licenses-SIN-etc, right through to settling in and finding your feet with all of the issues of adapting to Canadian life. And of course, to borrow Harry's favourite saying ... Paying it Forward!

Enjoy! :lol:

PS. Maybe it is time for a Foyer intro???

Shilowa

Angela

This is fantastic - congrats! (I did not say I'm super yellowly jealous .... did I!)

All of the best forward ...

Shilowa ... yellowish :lol: still in Gauteng

Harry

Congratulations, Angela.

As Hendie says, please do stay on board. Now the real thing starts. Keep us posted.

Shilowa, surely yours must be near!? Holding thumbs for you guys.

debbieD

Wonderful Angela! Hope the continuing process goes as smoothly, and quicker. When do you expect to move to Canada, and have you decided on which area yet?

Shilowa - good luck! :lol:

Larry

Angela & Steve,

Best wishes in your activities.

DURBAN COFFEE CLUB

Hope all the folk in SUNNY Natal note that 3 out of the 4 groups currently activ ein the DCC are already on their way to Canada. There is some magic in the group.