Sign in to follow this  
Cathy

grade 10

Cathy

hi it's me nick i just want to know what the subjects are in grade 10 so please tell me and leave your email or msn please

Guest Guest_Clarissa

Hi Nick

As I mentioned before, I'm in Nova Scotia and I don't know exactly how the school system in Toronto works, but here are my options for school subjects (and "graduationg" or passing matric).

To pass high school, I need the following "credits" (it's what they call it when you pass a subject):

*3 credits in English (one at each grade level)

*2 credits in Mathematics

*2 credits in Science (at least one from: Science 10, Physics or Chemistry, and 1 other approved science subject)

*2 other credits from Maths, Science or Technology (computer related subjects)

*1 credit in Fine Arts (Art, Music or Drama)

*1 credit in Canadian History 11

*1 credit in Global Studies (Global History 12 or Global Geography 12)

*.5 credit in Physically Active Lifestyles 11

*.5 credit in Career and Life Management 11

The number behind each subject in the grade level at which it is taught eg. Canadian History 11 is a grade 11 subject.

Physically Active Lifestyles (PAL) and Career and Life Management (CLM) are half-credits because they are half a semester long. People usually take one the first half of the semester and the other the second half. PAL is basically to introduce you to different activities to keep you fit, and it's really fun! We had a field trip in PAL and went rock climbing :D. In CLM, we learnt about managing money, doing resumes (short CV) and portfolios, and other valuable life skills.

As long as you stick to these requirements, you can do anything you want to. It sounds as though it limits your choices a lot but that isn't really the case. I have taken PAL, CLM, Art, Maths 10, Science 10, English 10, Archaeology 11, Law 12, Maths 11A (Advanced course, similar to Higher Grade), Communications Technology 11 (Computer class), Canadian History 11 already (I'm in gr. 11). As you can see, you don't have to choose subjects only from your grade level, but you need to take the prerequisites for the subjects that you want to take, first.

Some of my other choices include the following, although there are a few more: Keyboarding 10, Accountancy 11&12, Entrepreneurship 12, Drama 10, 11&12, English 10, 11&12, Child studies 10&11, Food and Nutrition10&12, Canadian Families 12, Housing 12, Music Performance 10, 11&12 (Band, choral & strings) Music 10, 11&12 (Music history and composition), French 10, 11&12 and other French emersion.

I don't know if this will help you as much as you need, but it should give you an idea. The school system here seems to make it compulsory for you to have a good, all-round background and then you can specialize in whatever you want to.

My MSN is all_my_smiles_@hotmail.com

If you want to chat, send me an email telling me what times you are online and I'll try to be on then. :lol:

Guest karen 17

hallo ek is karen en ek is nou al hier vir n' jaar ek soek iemand om mee te gesels ek is nou moeg vir die lot dof kop kanadese en hulle simple vrae oor sa en nou soek ek iemand wat lekker kan kiuer ek is 17 ek hou van mesiek en movies ek speel kitaar en ek is n' groot fan van star bucks/ chapter so as jy kans sien vir n' mal bruin kop meisie van witbank dan is ek jou antwoord ek gee nie om of jy meisie of seun of altwee dalk is nie maar ek is n' meisie so ja any way soos die lot se dis ek so give me a click

Liani

Sekerlik Karen 17. Het jy msn?? My msn is queenoz84@hotmail.com, ek is ook 17, wel amper 18. Add my as jy wil.

wise_monkey

hey hey Karen17, ek is ook 17 op die oombelik, en ek bly al amper 3 jaar hier, ek sal gerus met jou bietjie wil kuier, my msn is jurendaj@hotmail.com

Guest Hendre - The African

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and also in grade 10! Where do you guys live? Toronto, Calgray, Vancouver... ???

How long have you been here for?

How do you like our SA team in the World Cup??

Oh and by the way, I'm pro Canada.

MelissaE
:censored: Hi! im from Vancouver... im 15... add me if u wanna! confuzzledme@hotmail.com

Guest Guest
hallo ek is karen en ek is nou al hier vir n' jaar ek soek iemand om mee te gesels ek is nou moeg vir die lot dof kop kanadese en hulle simple vrae oor sa en nou soek ek iemand wat lekker kan kiuer ek is 17 ek hou van mesiek en movies ek speel kitaar en ek is n' groot fan van star bucks/ chapter so as jy kans sien vir n' mal bruin kop meisie van witbank dan is ek jou antwoord ek gee nie om of jy meisie of seun of altwee dalk is nie maar ek is n' meisie so ja any way soos die lot se dis ek so give me a click

Wel ja ekek stem saam wat jy te se het