Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Some piccies of PEI

Liz

[Confederation Bridge]
This photo was taken from the New Brunswick side of Confederation Bridge. It is 13 km long and crosses the Northumberland Strait.

[Flags]
Once you cross into PEI from New Brunswick over the Confederation Bridge, you arrive at Gateway Village where there are restaurants, shops and a tourism office. Can you spot your province/territory flag?

[North Rustico harbour]
Taken at North Rustico harbour....a few kilometres from Cavendish.

[Anne of Green Gables house]
This is the house Lucy Maud Montgomery based her stories of Anne Of Green Gables on. "Anne's Room" can be seen in the house......a must to see if you read the books.

[Cavendish red beach]
The beach at Cavendish (Gulf of St. Lawrence). Look at how red the cliffs are and even the beach sand is quite red. The sand on this island is iron rich and produces good potato crops. Another surprise was that the water was warm!!

[NS Ferry]
We came back to N.S. by ferry. This is the "Confederation"...quite large and it was quite an experience for us, as we had never been on a ferry with our vehicle before.

Guest SweetScarlet

Beutifull Piccies Liz!!! I have met some wonderfull friends that live in PEI..... they are people worth knowing.... South Africans you would just love it there. Makes me think of our beautifull beaches in Durban / Umchlanga area. If you're living in Canada and looking for a nice holiday place try PEI!!!

Liz

I couldn't agree more!! My dad came to visit during May and we took a drive there for the day. He just loved the ferry and couldn't stop talking about it!! The hour it took us to cross to PEI was far too short for him! We drove through Charlottetown and back via the bridge.

AdeleJ

So does anyone know how long it would take to drive there from Toronto? Better yet, can you drive there from TO? :cry:

Liz

You can drive there from TO. Drive to New Brunswick and cross over via the bridge.

Guest mayrie

Hi!

Nova Scotia - wat 'n plek! Eintlik moet mens nie te veel daaroor praat nie, want dan kan dit dalk 'n stormloop soontoe begin - en die ongereptheid is juis een van die vele opwindende kenmerke! Ons het begin Augustus vir 12 dae daar getoer, en dit kan nie anders nie, volgende somer is ons weer oppad soontoe - al die baie myle uit middel-VSA of te nie!

:P

Loerie

Liz,

Ek was juis besig om een van LM Montgomery se boeke te lees toe ek jou foto’s sien en was die foto van die huis ‘n lekker verrassing! Ek het nie op skool van haar boeke geweet nie en haal nou in saam met die kinders! Die foto’s is almal pragtig.

Liz

Ek het ook nie van die boeke gelees nie...maar ek het een daar gekoop, en sal dit lees wanneer ek weer tyd het om te ontspan. Cavendish (waar ons gebly het in P.E.I) is eintlik net 'n vakansie dorp....ek dink daar is net 'n paar families wat permanent daar woon....maar dit is 'n lieflike plek..en as jy die boek/e klaar gelees het, sal dit interessant wees om daar te kuier. Die huis waar Lucy Maud Montgomery gebore is, is ook daar net buite Cavendish.

Edited by Liz