Sign in to follow this  
JesseW

Vancouver Youths

JesseW

Hi, I just joined this forum a few days ago, and just wondering if there are many people around Vancouver that are teens? Post if you are, and maybe we can all arrange to do something.

MelissaE

haha HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! im talkin 2 u rite now... but i wanted to answer lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Dan

Hey im in vancouver

Chere

Hoe gaan dit peeps !

I just moved here 4 months ago ! And its been really tough leaving all my friends behind ! Im 20 and its not that easy making friends when your so old ! heheh

well I live in Vancouver ! Beautiful place and great people ! Just really get homesick coz things are so different !

Its so nice to know that there are other SA youths in Vancouver too, gotta get together for a Braai sometime hey ! heehe

well take care guys ! :ilikeit:

Laters

Dan

lol... vancouvers' not as beautiful as cape town

no offence

digin

I've lived in Cape Town for 30 years, and Vancouver for just under 3 years, and my personal preference is for Vancouver. I chose Vancouver out of 4 contenders: Cape Town, Sydney, Vancouver and San Francisco.

I would rate Vancouver and Sydney as being the best in terms of beauty, with Cape Town next and then 'Frisco. What makes Vancouver beautiful IMO is that is has a nice compact city with snow-covered mountains and some interesting modern architecture (Science World, some of the downtown skyscrapers, Canada Place, the Skytrain line, BC Place). There is also a lot of pride that goes into the city: for example the street banners in most parts of downtown.

I find that Vancouver retains its beauty through Winter with the abundant skiing and snow activities. It's harder to get through a Cape Town winter with not that much to do. Add to that a large park right next to the city centre and I think you have a winner of a city.

The only two things I really miss is a good beach (English Bay is just passable as a beach), and more outdoor restaurants.

Edited by digin

Guest Guest

I know this isnt really the right forum for this, but i dont think that Vanouver is as beautiful as cape town... first of all CT has south africans largest botanical gardens right in the city, it also has numerous parks - wynberg, newlands, table mountain, lions head, chapmans peak, right in the city. The architecture is very bland - you can see a street full of the same looking houses. the only real "archectural point" is donwtown. Have you ever travelled on the train from CT centre to simons town: beautiful. there isnt really anyhting beautiful to look at when travelling on the sky train. yes there aer some buildings like you mentioned that has some faint archtectural desire. now in cape town, there are just so many... convention centre, houses, goodhope centre, artscape, baxter, theatre on the bay, canal walk, cavendish, garden centre.... However I do think that vancouver is beautiful in winter, as it is all white, but then anywhere would look wonderful if it were all covered with a dusting of snow.

Sorry to sound so negative, but i think that Cape Town is such a beatiful place that we sometimes tend to forget. (or want to forget)

digin

O don't worry about sounding negative - each to his own - I was just posting my own opinion. When I first moved to Vancouver, there was a lot I missed about Cape Town. This year, I spent a couple of weeks in the summer there again, and it was then I realised how much I prefer Vancouver.

While both cities have an immense amount of beauty, I believe Vancouver does a lot more to capitalise on its beauty - Cape Town could take a leaf out of Vancouver's book on this (granted - Vancouver has a lot more resources to work with!).

I find living in Vancouver - I do a lot more outdoorsy things because everything is a lot more accessible. I lived in Upper Woodstock, and even though I was within walking distance of the Mountain, you had to cross the N2 (De Waal Drive) to get to it (and there was no subway). I find that just about every good and scenic spot here is accessible by public transport, and bike trails/ rollerblade trails are more plentiful.

I still plan to spend Christmas every two years or so in Cape Town - it's a lovely city, and it's definitely one of my more favourite places.

Rain

ek se ola my gents!

howzit chinas, I `v just come in from Boksburg im 15 and my name is Shaun I`m a bmxer,cricket player and feild hockey player. i went 2 boksburg high school and i love a good braai so lets have a leka south african party.and currently staying in burnaby and go 2 burnaby mountain senior secondry school.