Sign in to follow this  
Hendie

Goedkoop bel SA toe!

Alwyn

From the US I use a voip service offered by a UK based company called VoipRaider. There is a mobile and PC app, so you can call phone landlines and cell (not so sure of as I don't) from anywhere you have a data connection. Landline calls to South Africa is 1.5/1.7 cents per minute.

Edited by Alwyn

Karen

Try 10 - 10 - 100 + country code + number.

Decent rates and will appear on your phone bill.

Been using it for years - much better than any of the cards .

Jeanne
We use 1010229 - the Long Distance Discounter for Bell users.
6c/min to SA land lines and 16c/min to cell phones.

Dial 1010229+ 1 + area code + number

For international calls:
Dial 1010229 + 011 + country code + number

There are NO monthly fees with 1010229. You are only charged for calls actually made and charges appear on your regular Bell Canada phone bill.

Read more:

http://www.1010229.ca/index2.php

EvB

Try VOIPRAIDER https://www.voipraider.com/dashboard can use your home phone or cellular app. here is an extract of the rates for phoning from Canada to SA (without and with GST reading left to right)

South Africa (Landline) $ 0.015 $ 0.017 South Africa (Mobile) $ 0.115 $ 0.132

I have been using it since 2009. Very reliable. Use it in my car as well. Sometimes the call drops, but that is normal. Then also through Vonage by paying $32 per month you can phone to SA landlines for free. You can also link two cell numbers to your account meaning that when you drive and you want to phone an SA home line, you can do so through the Vonage app and its then like phone using your landline. I use Vonage as my land line in Canada. These two services opeate through the internet and is very effective. Vonage I had since 2008

• Like 1

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Try VOIPRAIDER https://www.voipraider.com/dashboard can use your home phone or cellular app. here is an extract of the rates for phoning from Canada to SA (without and with GST reading left to right)

South Africa (Landline) $ 0.015 $ 0.017 South Africa (Mobile) $ 0.115 $ 0.132

I have been using it since 2009. Very reliable. Use it in my car as well. Sometimes the call drops, but that is normal. Then also through Vonage by paying $32 per month you can phone to SA landlines for free. You can also link two cell numbers to your account meaning that when you drive and you want to phone an SA home line, you can do so through the Vonage app and its then like phone using your landline. I use Vonage as my land line in Canada. These two services opeate through the internet and is very effective. Vonage I had since 2008

Used my Vonage app on my iPhone all over Europe/S.Africa via wifi recently and it worked great.

Nelline

I use mine all the time too Ingrid, on my cell which which is included in my $30 / month worldwide package and it really is the best thing since sliced bread!

Used my Vonage app on my iPhone all over Europe/S.Africa via wifi recently and it worked great.

• Like 1

I use mine all the time too Ingrid, on my cell which which is included in my $30 / month worldwide package and it really is the best thing since sliced bread!

Ditto! :ilikeit:

Kiena

Raazatelecom.com

3c per minute na SA vir landline en 4.5c vir selfoon

Jules

I just added the vonage app onto my cell and on my son's phone. (We have the world calling plan). What an awesome free add on. Now I can call worldwide at no extra charge. Almost seems too good to be true lol.

I'm traveling to Cape Town later this month and will be using it to phone home to Canada.

Edited by Jules
  • Like 1

I just added the vonage app onto my cell and on my son's phone. (We have the world calling plan). What an awesome free add on. Now I can call worldwide at no extra charge. Almost seems too good to be true lol.

I'm traveling to Cape Town later this month and will be using it to phone home to Canada.

Yes! It is awesome. :ilikeit: