Sign in to follow this  
Guest gertanel

Ottawa very pretty and clean

Guest gertanel

Hi,

I just came from a week-long visit in Ottawa. Very pretty, very clean. Old European influence in the buildings and houses. Towards the end of October there was still green grass and flowers everywhere. Music comes from the lamp poles, McDonald's not as visible (look's like less of a big, box store influence).

House prices are high, but not as high as Vancouver. Very good restaurants, busy cultural life. Two very good universities (Univ. of Ottawa and Carlton University)

Damp cold - worse than in Nortern British Columbia.

If I were to live in Ontario, I could seriously look into Ottawa. The only potential problem - very French. For most government jobs (at least in health care) you have to speak French fluently. One part of the city very French.

Ottawa is defnitely worth a visit as well.

gertanel

Guest Guest_Blossom

I live in Ottawa.

I found the damp cold in northern BC a lot colder than here.

dlam

I'm going to visit Ottawa just ofr 1 day this December. We actually visitng friends just outside of Toronto and because the husband is working, we decided to take the greyhound and go to Ottawa on the thursday and come back on the Friday.

I went through a -28 on Saturday here in Edmonton, so it will be interesting to know how the weather will feels like in Ottawa and Toronto for that matter against the prairie winter. And no, I was not so crazy to watch the outside hockey game :ilikeit:

djb

Mais c'est pas de probleme, parce-que je parle francais ;)

Larry

Do we have members in Ottawa and if so how about some info on the city. this may well be the resting place for Gary and Family and could such info could be useful for his planning and networking. Lets have a show of postings from that neck of the woods.