Sign in to follow this  
Spherocyte

Study permits for my children

Spherocyte

I’m currently awaiting approval of my LMIA work permit.  I am an essential worker.   I apply for an open work permit for my husband (essential worker)and children.  I was advised that I would need to apply for visitor visas and not study permits for my children as they are primary school age.  IRCC have now said that I do indeed need to apply for study permits for them IMM1294.  I’m not sure how to link this to my account and when I try to apply for them as a new application, it says they do not qualify for study permits.  Any advice on who I should contact regarding clarification on this matter or anyone in the same boat?  I’d be grateful for any advice on this

Mykhell

Hi,

That's a bummer, but I am shocked at those who gave you that advise in the first place. IRCC already clearly state it that a study not visitor's visa should be applied for, for any child of school-going age. At any rate, I am not in the same boat, and I am sure you must have applied by now, but in the occasion that you haven't, I don't think there is any problem. I also don't think it would delay your own or your husband's work visas. But you might have to pay for a different application fee. The long and short is, don't fret over it. Just apply and hope for the best.

Myke.