Obicub

Re: POF. Recent applicants who are FNB Client

Obicub

Dear All
Great Platform and Community. I got my ITA in Nov of 2020. Iv basically been gathering all required documents that were outstanding all this time bar the WES assessment and IELTS as those obviously were done prior to the Completing EE.

My deadline for eAOR is 24 Feb so it’s anxious times leading up to the day. My question is directed to anyone who has recently applied and or successfully received PR and who banks with FNB. I wish to know how you managed to obtain a letter from the bank successfully. At this stage I will do anything just so I can get the correct document in the acceptable format. I went to my branch but the agent could only tell me that in all the letters they provide, none that have the requirements stipulated by IRCC has been produced by herself and her colleagues also aren’t aware of it. Please people can anyone tell me how this letter was obtained. I can’t believe my own bank of more than 7 years is unable to assist me. I will easily get statements for the past 6 months however the letter listing all accounts and when each of them was opened and the running balance on each is a mission. Also finally Should the letter explicitly state that the “funds are unencumbered and/or without liens”.   My suspicion is that the agent and her colleagues were frightened by these two terms 😕 

Thanks in advance!

Roz

Good evening, I am by the final step of the approval process and also bank with FNB. You would need to go into the bank and request a format similar to a visa letter. On it will state the date the account was opened, account details as well as your full name. This needs to be bank stamped and not electronically stamped. If your funds is in your FNB savings pocket, you would need a letter for your main account such as savings or cheque and also a letter for your savings pocket as these are 2 different account numbers. Same format with a bank stamp and date.

I completely understand your frustration as the bank consultants are hesitant to provide this and you have to go into the bank for this so if you have a private banker, they can’t assist you electronically. Hope this is clear, if not, I would happily elaborate.

• Thanks 1

Reibtseb

Some ideas in this thread.

Kitcat

We got a standard confirmation of account letter from FNB that listed all our accounts - it had a basic format that lists the name of the account holder, the account number and the date it was opened. In our case, our funds where in my husband's account but I was the main applicant so we also had the bank include that I was an authorised representative on the account so I had direct access to and authority over the funds. We also included six months bank statements to show the available funds. Make sure that all the letters are signed and stamped by the bank.

We had a private banker with FNB but they were completely useless and it was easiest to just go into the branch to sort it all out in person. Honestly, getting the bank documents was the most frustrating part of our document collection.

Good luck!