Sign in to follow this  
Marv

Airline Options from South Africa to Canada ?

Marv

Hello. Anyone recently checked for flights/ flown from South Africa to Canada ?

JohanR

A friend is coming to visit either later this year or next year depending on the situation. When we chatted on the weekend we looked at Ethiopian Airlines and they were selling flights to Canada. Not sure if these take place though, but they have the option to buy a ticket.

Marv

Thank you Johan. I will check it out.

Marv

Hello. I have taken the chance and booked with Qatar Airways. My flight is next Saturday. 

They are still flying at the moment from South Africa and even increased their flights.

This is probably due to no flights by Emirates and Etihad to/from South Africa.

Frank

For all other travelers, please review the below website before booking your ticket.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Getting into Canada at this stage seems very difficult.

Deirdre

Hopefully KLM resume after 20 February

Marv

Hi. I managed to get to my destination of Calgary on Sunday, 7th of February 2021.

Immigration process was fine but they placed a lot of emphasis on the ArriveCan App as well as providing a mobile number that can be used by Public Health to contact you.

Also, upon entering Canada you need to confirm that you arrived at you quarantine place within 48 hours. On a daily basis you would need to report your symptoms either on the ArriveCan App or phone the federal government and report it there.

I personally wouldn't recommend travelling at the moment. I was so fed up after waiting for so long for my authorisation letter that once I received it, I immediately booked my ticket.