Sign in to follow this  
Xanna Banana

Finally, we agree...

Xanna Banana

A few years ago we decided to investigate Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Looking back, we had a lot going for us here so we were reluctant to take it too seriously.

Since then my brother in law settled in New Zealand and we've found ourselves in a better head space to make decisions. 

So the dream is Kelowna, BC. 

We recieved wonderful a few months ago about a potential employer offering a position. Due to not having an academic certificate and the wait in getting a copy we were not able to make the most of that opportunity.

But we are moving on.

I'd like to know what questions you wish you'd asked in the beginning? Were having a consultation a week or so and I'm preparing a list of questions.

Thanks in advance!

Lizelle

You need to get from them your absolute best case points (max for English tests), and what that would mean for your chances. You can get this information yourself before hand and use it as a bit of a bs barometer: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Remember, they make money on you regardless of if you get in or not, or if it takes years or a few months.  So they have a heavy vested interest in making the picture as rosy as possible.  

Was the job offer during COVID?  If so, that would be a good indication that your field was not impacted negatively during the downturn.  But I would have a look online either way, and see what the likelihood would be for another job offer under current circumstances.

Other things might be a bit more on the practical side.  Are you able to write the IELTS test currently?  How does processing times look from the Canadian side?  If you get a job offer, what is the current average processing time for a WP?