Alexander

PR application query (PNP, FSW CRS 408).

Alexander

Hi there,

I've got a CRS score of 408 and eligible for the FSW program. I'm an ESL teacher (NOC 4021), and had my profile active on EE since 24 February 2020. I had a few questions about what I should do, as I still haven't received any ITA from any of the provinces.

- Is it a good idea to re-create my profile as it's been active since February? Or is it better to keep the same profile open?

- I originally had "All Provinces and Territories" selected, but did a lot of research on every province, and found out with my score and experience without a job offer I'd only be Eligible for PNP from Alberta, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Prince Edward Island, so I left all the other provinces blank - thinking it would increase my chances of an invite if only selecting a few provinces. Do you think this makes a difference? Or is it better to select "All Provinces and Territories"?

- With my CRS score, I'm concerned about sitting in the pool indefinitely and not getting any ITAs. Besides studying in Canada which is not an option for me, do you recommend any other kinds of avenues to move to Canada? Ideally I want to move to Toronto. 

I was really hoping to be able to have moved this year, but that is out the window now. I appreciate any advice. Thank you! 

MaryJane

Welcome the forums! For your questions:

On 7/26/2020 at 11:00 AM, Alexander said:

- Is it a good idea to re-create my profile as it's been active since February? Or is it better to keep the same profile open?

Not sure about this. Is there a benefit still to recreate? I don't think you'll get ITA based on how recent you create your profile. ITAs are based on points. While eligible, 408 is currently low for FSW draws. On July 8, there was a draw. Applicants had to have a score of 478 or higher to be invited. There were other draws after July 8 as well, but they were program-specific (for CEC applicants, for PNP applicants)

If you are waiting for NOIs from the provinces.... Let's take Ontario for example, the province has a set of NOC codes that they are looking for and there's also points that they want. https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream

You may want to check each province's website to find out which route you might be eligible for.

- I originally had "All Provinces and Territories" selected, but did a lot of research on every province, and found out with my score and experience without a job offer I'd only be Eligible for PNP from Alberta, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Prince Edward Island, so I left all the other provinces blank - thinking it would increase my chances of an invite if only selecting a few provinces. Do you think this makes a difference? Or is it better to select "All Provinces and Territories"?

I think "All" would have more chances than "some" provinces.

- With my CRS score, I'm concerned about sitting in the pool indefinitely and not getting any ITAs. Besides studying in Canada which is not an option for me, do you recommend any other kinds of avenues to move to Canada? Ideally I want to move to Toronto. 

Coming through via work permit is an option. You would have to find a job for this. That might be the hard part at this time.

Times are tough at the moment, but I hope that a way opens up for you. Good luck!

Nelline

As far as I know only Ontario issue an ITA for PNP based on your EE profile (might be wrong on that, there may be others, I don't pretend to know everything about all the PNP processes) but others, like PEI, you have to submit an application? 

Also, check into the AIPP, there might be schools in the Maritimes interested in employing you via that. I know of one teacher who got a job offer from a (private) school in Newfoundland.