Sign in to follow this  
PsyCLown

Would having MS be a problem?

PsyCLown

Hi all!

So my GF and I are interested in looking at immigrating to Canada, however she has MS (multiple sclerosis), would this in anyway affects our chances of getting into Canada?

If we apply, she will likely be the main person applying due to her qualifications.

She is currently on a weekly biological injection which medical aid pays for and she does need to go into hospital for treatment when a relapse happens.

If it will be an issue, are there ways around it perhaps? Take additional health insurance or something along those lines?

Deirdre

PsyCLown

Thank you Deirdre, so it would depend on the cost of her medication / treatment.

Is the limit still $20k per year or has this since changed, do you perhaps know?

I assume there are local IRCC doctors which one would need to go and see?

Deirdre

I have no idea

would be best to contact ircc or local Canada embassy but as you know replies have been Beyond slooooooow during lockdown

HoneyClare

I was asking for assistance the other day and some wonderful forum members found Bellissemo Lawyers, I have an appointment with them on Friday, they deal with medical issues so could probably give you guidance