anxiety

Expired COPR,anyone?

anxiety

Looking for those with expired COPR's, how are u guys holding up.As for us its stressful.Its like we are starting all over againšŸ˜©

Marv

Hello.

My PR VISA expired yesterday and looking for some advice. I used webform a few months ago to notify them about my documents that will expire.

Anyone knows how long the process will take once you notify them that you are ready to travel ?

I am just thinking....Would it also be better to notify them sooner that you are ready to travel, to take into account the processing timeĀ before obtaining another VISA ?

Anyone considering/ or have used the recent expat flights from South Africa ?

Clay1204

Howzit Marv, mine expires at the end of July and I have already raised 2 webforms and responses I got back was that my file was in Pretoria and that they will forward onto them. So right now I can only wait until they reopen. We also have a newborn to add to our application, so ya, just waiting right now.

Marv

Thank you for the reply. These uncertain times we are facing...Will keep posted if there are any developments my side.

• Like 1

jncilliers

Notify them as early as you can! We were supposed to travel on the 19th of March when all hell broke loose. COPR expired 27th March. Since then I've raised webforms and sent emails to PTA that we are ready to go. We have been getting the same generic response. So the point I am trying to make is get on their case as soon as you can. I have had no luck since our expiry 3 months ago. The long wait continues.

DC85

Ours expire on Saturday :(Ā have filled in web form and on Monday i tweeted IRCC to ask when we will know what dateĀ they have extended them to/process to do so. They responded and said even if you don't get a response as long as webform is completed they have received your request and as soon as you can fly again to let them know. I did see that they were reopening the offices that process PR applications this week so perhaps things will start moving now.

As an aside i was requested to fill in a survey on how COVID19 has affected my travel plans and one of the questions was how long i felt the extension granted should be in order to make it easier to travel to Canada to activate PR- good sign that they are considering what would be most helpful/beneficial to people affected.

Good luck everyone