OutOfSa

Something Completely Different

Recommended Posts

OutOfSa

With Humble Apologies to the professionally offended :

It occurs to me that there are probably 2 generations that have never really experienced any war, or loss of freedom.

Those of you old enough to have been in the SA war, or to have had parents that used to hide in the underground during bombing might have a better insight into the horrors that come with the loss of safety and freedom to do whatever they want when they want and how they want.  Here in Canada, there's a large group of people that say remembering the fallen soldiers is "glorifying war".  I have had many a heated argument with such people about the reason they have the freedom to mock war.  It might have been different if the Nazis, or Russians were running the world.  People gave their lives so that we can have iPhones and tablets and anything else we might desire in an instant.  

With all this freedom, came boredom.  The world needs a cause: Enter the many 'end of the worlds'.  Sea level rise, great floods, Mayan Calendar, Global Warming.  Ah, my absolute favourite - global warming - did you guess it???   No?!

We had little Greta-scream-alot howling at people and head's of state - "HOW DARE YOU" - You stole my childhood - Your empty promises only gave me social media and an internet, cars, houses and heat.  HOW DARE YOU.  You only gave me the most comfortable time people have ever known - you know - people kind.  

Well, now it seems nature has grown tired of too many Polar Bears and the constant whining of the poor and hard done by privileged many as their tweets and Instagram and iPhone chargers consume 1/5 of the worlds energy.  Nature had grown tired of CO2 - the poison of the universe - the very Kryptonite that kept super woman awake at night - superman having become a useless drunk.  Or could it perhaps be a higher power  woke up one morning , with a Greta-Scream-Alot migraine,  looked down on the earth and said - holy smokes!!! What a ungrateful mob - This creation needs a reminder of what they have.  -  you don't miss it until it's gone.  Or perhaps the great power received one too many robo-calls from the scammers claiming to be the federal law, "Press 1 to speak to an Agent, You are in violation of federal law #3" - "Hello?  What is your name? "  - Really, you called me to tell me that I am in federal do-do, but you don't know my name.  My name is  Felicia De Kock .....  You can have so much fun with these silly people ! 

So, it seems that a whole new generation or two are experiencing the loss of freedom and a taste of what it's like not to have whatever you want whenever you want.  Loss of jobs, Parents without money.  Fear, uncertainty.  No School or university.  Just secret parties in grave-yards - I kid you not.  The Cornoavirus is for old people - I do what I want when I want.  It's not a bomb at a mall, like in the good old days (in SA) or a bomb on it's way in a V2 (UK), or a Stuka-Dive-Bomber... it's a microscopic enemy and there's no amount of protest or outrage that will stop it.  In fact, it's put an end to protests of any kind.  The irony of the virus attacking the very people that gather to protest is quite novel.

And in all this, we have not heard a single squeak about "global warming" - It's been a welcome relief from the constant battery of "the poison of CO2, the awful pollution, A price on pollution - or is that a price on the basis of all life - CO2"   - the end of the world in 5-12 years.  Because right now, there is a REAL end of the world as we know it.

I wonder if people that have been put back 20 years financially will still welcome carbon tax and howls of outrage about the end of the world and the evil of CO2.  Or will the people that built the economy and worked so hard to steal Greta's dreams  - Will they still be receptive to cries of UNFAIR, and you stole my dreams.  Or will they do what they do best, put their collective heads down and rebuild their lives and countries with a little less patience for those that think they are so hard done by.

I Hope So.

How does that feel?  Not very nice.  

Though I expect the memory of the young is short and so the howls of "unfair" will again resound in no time at all.  Except this time there's little money to waste on it.

 

I do apologise to all of you I have once again deeply offended, please forgive me as I am feeling a little real hardship, if you're not, you're so lucky.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cathy K

The climate change cabal can now see first hand how well their plans for the future looks: 

Countries will reach their Paris emission targets.

Population growth is being checked.

Oil production has almost ceased.

"Carbon spewing" factories and industries have closed down. 

But... the world economy is in ruins.

I wonder if they are now happy in the the Utopia they envisioned. 

I was amazed at the many petty peeves of Canadians when I first came to Canada. I constantly thought: "Don't Canadians know how fortunate they are?" 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M-N
16 hours ago, OutOfSa said:

With Humble Apologies to the professionally offended :

It occurs to me that there are probably 2 generations that have never really experienced any war, or loss of freedom.

Those of you old enough to have been in the SA war, or to have had parents that used to hide in the underground during bombing might have a better insight into the horrors that come with the loss of safety and freedom to do whatever they want when they want and how they want.  Here in Canada, there's a large group of people that say remembering the fallen soldiers is "glorifying war".  I have had many a heated argument with such people about the reason they have the freedom to mock war.  It might have been different if the Nazis, or Russians were running the world.  People gave their lives so that we can have iPhones and tablets and anything else we might desire in an instant.  

With all this freedom, came boredom.  The world needs a cause: Enter the many 'end of the worlds'.  Sea level rise, great floods, Mayan Calendar, Global Warming.  Ah, my absolute favourite - global warming - did you guess it???   No?!

We had little Greta-scream-alot howling at people and head's of state - "HOW DARE YOU" - You stole my childhood - Your empty promises only gave me social media and an internet, cars, houses and heat.  HOW DARE YOU.  You only gave me the most comfortable time people have ever known - you know - people kind.  

Well, now it seems nature has grown tired of too many Polar Bears and the constant whining of the poor and hard done by privileged many as their tweets and Instagram and iPhone chargers consume 1/5 of the worlds energy.  Nature had grown tired of CO2 - the poison of the universe - the very Kryptonite that kept super woman awake at night - superman having become a useless drunk.  Or could it perhaps be a higher power  woke up one morning , with a Greta-Scream-Alot migraine,  looked down on the earth and said - holy smokes!!! What a ungrateful mob - This creation needs a reminder of what they have.  -  you don't miss it until it's gone.  Or perhaps the great power received one too many robo-calls from the scammers claiming to be the federal law, "Press 1 to speak to an Agent, You are in violation of federal law #3" - "Hello?  What is your name? "  - Really, you called me to tell me that I am in federal do-do, but you don't know my name.  My name is  Felicia De Kock .....  You can have so much fun with these silly people ! 

So, it seems that a whole new generation or two are experiencing the loss of freedom and a taste of what it's like not to have whatever you want whenever you want.  Loss of jobs, Parents without money.  Fear, uncertainty.  No School or university.  Just secret parties in grave-yards - I kid you not.  The Cornoavirus is for old people - I do what I want when I want.  It's not a bomb at a mall, like in the good old days (in SA) or a bomb on it's way in a V2 (UK), or a Stuka-Dive-Bomber... it's a microscopic enemy and there's no amount of protest or outrage that will stop it.  In fact, it's put an end to protests of any kind.  The irony of the virus attacking the very people that gather to protest is quite novel.

And in all this, we have not heard a single squeak about "global warming" - It's been a welcome relief from the constant battery of "the poison of CO2, the awful pollution, A price on pollution - or is that a price on the basis of all life - CO2"   - the end of the world in 5-12 years.  Because right now, there is a REAL end of the world as we know it.

I wonder if people that have been put back 20 years financially will still welcome carbon tax and howls of outrage about the end of the world and the evil of CO2.  Or will the people that built the economy and worked so hard to steal Greta's dreams  - Will they still be receptive to cries of UNFAIR, and you stole my dreams.  Or will they do what they do best, put their collective heads down and rebuild their lives and countries with a little less patience for those that think they are so hard done by.

I Hope So.

How does that feel?  Not very nice.  

Though I expect the memory of the young is short and so the howls of "unfair" will again resound in no time at all.  Except this time there's little money to waste on it.

 

I do apologise to all of you I have once again deeply offended, please forgive me as I am feeling a little real hardship, if you're not, you're so lucky.

 

 

 

OK boomer.  🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M-N
12 hours ago, Cathy K said:

The climate change cabal can now see first hand how well their plans for the future looks: 

Countries will reach their Paris emission targets.

Population growth is being checked.

Oil production has almost ceased.

"Carbon spewing" factories and industries have closed down. 

But... the world economy is in ruins.

I wonder if they are now happy in the the Utopia they envisioned. 

I was amazed at the many petty peeves of Canadians when I first came to Canada. I constantly thought: "Don't Canadians know how fortunate they are?" 

 

The world economy is not in ruins because of climate change but you keep blaming those darn libs and millennials. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OutOfSa
Posted (edited)

Oh Dear !!! Someone soooo missed the point.

 

1. Climate change did not ruin anything yet.

2. This is a glimpse into what it is like to live without modern freedom.  A new experience for many people, a grim reminder for others.

3. The millennials and Zees  and libs are just as much a victim as anyone else, we are all suffering.

4. The oil provinces are suffering more than the others thanks to the libs and the climate crowd.

4.5 Polar bears are doing very well.

5. What we see now might be similar to a world that runs out of energy before it can support itself on alternative sources  - A  world run by eco-nuts - drum roll - Greta and Co.

6. I’m not a 💥 er!!!!!  Now I’m sooooo upset. HOW DARE YOU label me. You’ve stolen my dreams with your empty accusations..

I need a safe space, where’s HR?

I might need a mental health day.

Perhaps this is all about 5G - for us old folks, that’s not $5000- it the new all evil radio empire.

❄️

 

 

 

Edited by OutOfSa
🦇shot crazy 🦠
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cathy K

Of course "the world economy is not in ruins because of climate change."  But what is happening now is exactly what the climate change cabal wants.

They want to close factories to "minimize emissions."

They want to stop oil production.

They want to prevent us from driving cars. They demonstrate against livestock farming.

What we now see is how the world looks like when all of that is happening.

The world they envision is not sustainable. 

M-N educate yourself a little by reading today's National Post article by Rex Murphy: "Canada must stop self destruction." 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M-N
3 hours ago, Cathy K said:

Of course "the world economy is not in ruins because of climate change."  But what is happening now is exactly what the climate change cabal wants.

They want to close factories to "minimize emissions."

They want to stop oil production.

They want to prevent us from driving cars. They demonstrate against livestock farming.

What we now see is how the world looks like when all of that is happening.

The world they envision is not sustainable. 

M-N educate yourself a little by reading today's National Post article by Rex Murphy: "Canada must stop self destruction." 

I think you’re the one that needs to drop the bias against the “libs” and realize: 

- no on wants to shut down factories, they just want them to look into running those factories more environmentally responsible 

- no one wants to close the oil sands ...yet... they just want governments to starting looking into alternative energy solutions that’s not going to shorten the life span of our planet. They also want them to look into more environmentally friendly practices to avoid decimating Mother Nature.  
- no one wants you to not drive cars, we just want a better,  less destructive way of doing it. 

-they are demonstrating against live stock farming because a) they are trying to prevent the inhumane treatment of said animals (not all farmers are guilty of it but unfortunately the ones that are are ruining it) and b) it’s been SCIENTIFICALLY proven that cattle farming produces an ridiculous amount of greenhouse gases.  
 

- we don’t have all the answers right now but I can promise you, the world, as it is right now is definitely not sustainable either. 
 

- governments and a certain demographic of humans are so obsessed with capitalism and lining the pockets of the 1%ers that they are refusing to bend and even acknowledge alternatives. The words “diversifying the economy “ is like blasphemy in Alberta and other energy heavy provinces and states.  

Lol, Rex Murphy? No thanks  

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrantM

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alwyn

The only thing in relation to climate change that this current crisis is proving is that if we don't pollute so much the air, water and everything is cleaner and that the animals that we push away really appreciate our current absence.

The economy is in ruins because we are us unable to manage this crisis as we are at managing our planet.

What I don't get is that it is in our best interest to have cleaner air, water, not wipe out fauna and flora, but we keep on bitching about it as if it will murder us in our sleep instead of just getting on and doing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OutOfSa
Posted (edited)

I think I have been converted to a Green , I can't argue against the idea that Cattle shouldn't be allowed to fart.

And in other news! (I don't want to create controversy - but here's something that worries me...a little)

A true well thought out green success:

Scientists studied wind projects in Ontario for 10 years. They found that each wind turbine kills around 5 birds and 12 bats every year! There are 2 577 wind turbines in Ontario

2577 * 5 = 12 855 Birdies   and 2577 * 12 = 30 924 Batties / Year. (Just in Ontario).

In the world there are 341 000 estimated turbines, so that's 1 750 000 Birds and 4 092 000 Bats, good riddance.

Well, we all hate bats, 'cause they corona'd us in WoooooHAN, and who cares about birds anyway, all they do is tweet, and we all know twitter is rubbish.

My conclusion is obviously, Green is far superior to carbon as at least the world will be bat free soon and there will be less poop on my car, BUT it (the world) will not end in 12 years ! 

Fortunately bats and birds have no place in nature or the eco-nomic system, and luckily "Birdie Scientist" don't get such big grants....

 

 

 

(On a serious note, I actually appreciate the participation - the forum can get stale - in this time of Covid-everything, it's great to have a conversation - even if we all have angry apposing opinions - so fell free to tear some strips of me !   I stocked up on pain killers.)

Edited by OutOfSa
Final thought...
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sparky6

Lol until you realize that no bats means  more bugs,  I’m all for the zombie apocalypse, but count me out if mosquitoes are gonna take over the world!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OutOfSa

And now for something completely different:

 

Today, I’d like to consider an interesting science. "Data Modeling"

First we need a few concepts:

“A data model is an abstract model that organizes elements of data” – it’s typically a computer program with a database. 

Abstract  : “existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence”

 

It’s the best thing we have to try and predict the future. 

Earlier this week, the Premier of Ontario and some very smart science people, the top of the pops in data modeling appeared on a Corona announcement.  Now, 97% of Ontarian will know that these people are at the top of their health game – probably some of the most credible scientists anywhere. 

They announced their findings: Had we have done nothing, the predicted death rate would have been 100 000, but the measures we took will likely result in a death rate of between 3500 and 15 000.  That’s a big span.  When asked why such a big span, they said because a small change in any one of the variables could greatly alter the output – and that the models were a very best guess and not considered totally correct. 

This is all good science – we hypothesise, we model, we update data hourly, we observe, and we critique our model.

Peter Pan announced yesterday that “you should not talk moist” – it’s an interesting concept, people kind, or is that people nasty are making fun of him, but it’s really a slip of the brain – it’s got to be hard to stand up every day and try to make sense of everything.

On a happy note, Doug Ford (The Premier) announced that the Easter Bunny was exempt from staying home, he, she or is it “it” if free to hide eggs all over the place.  The union of Raccoons refused to budge on egg stealing, saying it’s a civil right to plunder eggs.  Well you can’t have everything. 

 

So I can’t help wonder then, if the top brains of Ontario have difficulties quantifying the corona virus – given all the world knows and the constant update of real-time figures – how is it that Climatologists the world over, 97% of them, know down to the year when the world’s plight will be irreversible.  What about the butter-fly effect?  What about a zillion variables changing state all the time?  What about the fact that little is really known about the oceans.  What about acid rain, and carbon drains.  What about all these complex things changing at once – and what about one of the most difficult things of all – Clouds.  Nobody quite knows how to model clouds – luckily, they are few and far between.

The first general circulation climate model that combined both oceanic and atmospheric processes was developed in the late 1960s at the NOAA Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory. They (models)   are still under development and uncertainties remain.

1960’s – ‘uncertainties’ – that’s probably an understatement.  Why don’t people question the origin of all these theories – and what a theory is.  And just how often theories are incorrect, in real science – which is never settled.  A good example was stomach peptic ulcers were known by 99% of scientist (the science was settled) to be caused only by stomach acid only – the two Australian (1982) scientist who voiced the hypothesis that it was H. pylori that was the reason for Ulcers were mocked and ostracised.  It was later found that H. pylori can damage the protective lining of your stomach and small intestine. This is the root-cause stomach acid to create an open sore (ulcer)..

Why are why people afraid to go against the climate mafia.

I’m just glad that 97% of scientist agrees that the science is settled.  I’m also glad that Algore has several mansions to choose from and millions of dollars to continue his crusade once we return to normal, whatever that might be.  I'm glad that solar panels leak cadmium and other heavy metals into the water table - because that's recycling at its best.

As a lady in the Deep South said when asked why she risked Church during the corona, “I’m covered in Jesus’ blood – he’ll protect me.” 

Well we are covered by the IPCC's insanity, and just like the nutty southerner, we know they will protect us. 

I am comforted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.