Sign in to follow this  
Seth

COPR and Covid-19

Seth

Hi all,

I have received my COPR and want to land in Canada ASAP. Covid, however, has caused Canada to close Airports... Can I go? Will I be allowed in?

Slippers

Read something on another forum that basically said they not allowing COPR holders in at this time and part of the reason for this is because of the influx of Citizens and PR holders returning to Canada and that there should be an update by Friday. But yeah not sure if this is accurate. 

• Confused 1

Seth

Urgh. This is stressful...... Thanks Slippers - let me know if you find out.

Jules

Borders are currently closed unless you are a citizen or a landed PR. I am sure they will relax that rule in a few weeks once the dust has settled. But if the virus gets out of hand in SA then it could mean SA becomes a high risk country which could further limit your ability to land. 

bottom line is that nobody knows how this plays out and how long it lasts. Everyone is praying for a speedy end to all of this for many many reasons. 

• Sad 1

Slippers

Has anyone else seen the talk about the borders being closed until 30 June? 

OHCANADAAA
33 minutes ago, Slippers said:

Has anyone else seen the talk about the borders being closed until 30 June? 

It's what the interim order states but it's naturally open to revision at any point. Best we can do is hope things work out sooner rather than later.

Nelline

On IRCC: 

SPECIAL MEASURES

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) published an updated set of special measures to help temporary and permanent residents conserve and/or obtain their rights to remain or work in Canada during the outbreak. These measures include:

• Temporary residence applicants from outside Canada
  • An additional 90 days for temporary residents who need to submit documents for their files to continue to process – no application in progress will be closed or refused due to lack of documentation (for example, if it is impossible to obtain a police certificate, medical record, transcript, certified documents, etc.);
  • Biometrics deadlines are automatically extended by 90 days;
  • Some visa application centres are closed until further notice, which may cause delays in processing;
• Permanent residence applicants
  • Permission to submit a permanent residence application via Express Entry without all of the required documentation;
  • Additional delays for individuals having been approved for permanent residence but unable to travel to Canada to validate their confirmation of permanent residence;
  • IRCC will continue to accept intake of new permanent residence applications even if some documents are missing if applicants can justify why they cannot obtain the document;
  • All in-person permanent residence landing appointments are cancelled until April 13, 2020
  • Like 1