Biker Mike

A salary question for the IT boys

Biker Mike

Hey everyone,

As per the title, I would like to ask those of us on the forum in the IT industry to please give me a perspective on more or less what my earning possibility could be in Canada. We are looking at Ontario, Alberta and Victoria as possibilities but would probably consider anywhere. My concern is that I have heard a lot of stories around the poor salaries offered in Canada but my closest friends over there are not in the IT industry so I am basically left to speculation and internet opinion. I am currently a solution architect specializing in cloud tech (Azure) and doing really well here in SA. Looking at the average (and most likely grossly inaccurate) salaries for the respective role in Canada, it seems OK but I am unsure if that truly reflects the truth. I have a over 16 years experience with over 6 in the cloud along with the highest level of certifications you'd require but not sure if that would even help.

Does anyone here have an idea as to what the market is like for azure cloud architects and whether you'd find work easily if in Canada?

Any opinion would be welcome!

M-N

Glassdoor.ca will give you a decent idea of what to expect. payscale is also fairly accurate.  It all depends on expertise. 

Biker Mike

Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of those sites however concerned over the accuracy of them. Did you find them to be pretty solid on Canada?