Tarryn8

New Job after PR Application

Tarryn8

Hi guys,

My fiance and I have already applied for our PR. While we have been waiting, he has been offered a new job in SA which he is really interested in. I know that you are supposed to update CIC if there is a change in your information while you are in this process. Wondering if this would apply to him as he is the dependent on the application and this change wouldn't affect the POF side of things either?  

Just concerned that if he takes the new job we will have to provide a letter from the new company re roles and responsibilities if the job...which is not really viable.

Would love some advice!

Thank you.

MaryJane

Hey @Tarryn8

My understanding is that a change in jobs should not affect POF. Your fiancé changing jobs would not really alter what is in your bank account not the proof that you provide to CIC with regards funds that you have.

Other more recent candidates could confirm and share their experiences about this but that’s my 2c.

Tarryn8

@MaryJane thanks for this.

So the concern is more around having to provide updated job information. Could this change of job and us being unable to provide job information affect our application?

LouiseV36

If you boyfriend is not the primary applicant and you not claiming points for his work experience then you will not need a letter from his employer with his roles and responsibilities.  Maybe inform them and add a LOE saying why you can't get a letter.

I am main applicant and we did not submit my husband's employment letter because his work experience does not add points to our CRS score.  We just explained to them that he cannot tell his employer of his plans just yet because the working relationship would become strained.  They seemed to have accepted that as our eligibility has been met.

MaryJane

Agree with @LouiseV36. If his experience is not needed to make up for points claimed (I'm sure he has other experiences in the last 10 years), then I don't think you need to submit a letter for that job. An explanation for not having the letter should suffice.

Tarryn8

Thank you so much for the advice!

We relooked at our CRS score and don't think it would 'drop' based on him changing jobs (you can't lose experience right, haha). 

Anyways thanks again!