Sign in to follow this  
J bone

Redo medicals voluntarily

J bone

Good day All

We received ITA in Nov 2019 and also did our Medicals in Nov 2019. So when we eventually receive our PPR, I expect the VISA to be valid until Nov 2020 (1 year after medicals). But for personal reasons we can only go to Canada in March 2021.

I would therefore want to voluntarily redo my medicals. My question is, how do I do that? Can i just make an appointment with the panel physician and go? Or do I have to ask the consulate in Pretoria to change my CIC profile to request new medicals?

I know most of the times when your medicals are close to expiry, you will receive a request to redo it, but i do not want to wait for that, because I have read online that once you receive a PPR you cannot redo medicals.

Doing a soft landing will be a bit too expensive as we are a family of 4, so I would rather just redo our medicals. I tried to ask this question to pretoria-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca but they avoid my question and give an unclear answer.

I would really appreciate anyone's advise

regards

graciax452

New one, never heard of anyone doing so, BIG ASSUMPTION -> just do it and submit as Case Specific Entry extra documentation asking them to extend your medicals expiry date...??

• Like 1

Luis Dos Santos
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 1:30 PM, J bone said:

Good day All

We received ITA in Nov 2019 and also did our Medicals in Nov 2019. So when we eventually receive our PPR, I expect the VISA to be valid until Nov 2020 (1 year after medicals). But for personal reasons we can only go to Canada in March 2021.

I would therefore want to voluntarily redo my medicals. My question is, how do I do that? Can i just make an appointment with the panel physician and go? Or do I have to ask the consulate in Pretoria to change my CIC profile to request new medicals?

I know most of the times when your medicals are close to expiry, you will receive a request to redo it, but i do not want to wait for that, because I have read online that once you receive a PPR you cannot redo medicals.

Doing a soft landing will be a bit too expensive as we are a family of 4, so I would rather just redo our medicals. I tried to ask this question to pretoria-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca but they avoid my question and give an unclear answer.

I would really appreciate anyone's advise

regards

Hi J Bone,

Our AOR was 31 March 2019 and we received PPR on 10 Jan 2020....we were asked by CIC if we would be able to enter Canada before 8th Feb 2020 as our medicals were due to expire on that day. Obviously we weren't going to be able to make the deadline so we had to redo medicals again. Once you receive PPR you WILL be able to do medicals again. We submitted new medicals on the 7 Feb 2020 and received the new PPR on 12 February 2020.

• Like 1

PhilipCX
4 hours ago, Luis Dos Santos said:

Hi J Bone,

Our AOR was 31 March 2019 and we received PPR on 10 Jan 2020....we were asked by CIC if we would be able to enter Canada before 8th Feb 2020 as our medicals were due to expire on that day. Obviously we weren't going to be able to make the deadline so we had to redo medicals again. Once you receive PPR you WILL be able to do medicals again. We submitted new medicals on the 7 Feb 2020 and received the new PPR on 12 February 2020.

@Luis Dos Santos how and when did CIC contact you? Was it as part of your PPR mail?

Luis Dos Santos
2 hours ago, PhilipCX said:

@Luis Dos Santos how and when did CIC contact you? Was it as part of your PPR mail?

Yes it was part of my PPR mail....they asked me to confirm whether I would enter Canada by my deadline or whether I required a new medical to extend the deadline. I replied saying I wouldn’t make the deadline and a few days later they sent me a new mail with a request for new medicals.

J bone

Ok that sounds good.

But will they always ask in a PPR email if you want to redo medicals?

Or only in close cases like you had.

PhilipCX
8 hours ago, Luis Dos Santos said:

Yes it was part of my PPR mail....they asked me to confirm whether I would enter Canada by my deadline or whether I required a new medical to extend the deadline. I replied saying I wouldn’t make the deadline and a few days later they sent me a new mail with a request for new medicals.

Reason I’m asking is we’ve got our PPR exactly a week before our medicals expired, which was the 14th of Feb and they didn’t mention anything of this, we’re now waiting for our passports to return.  Also I’ve seen someone else who they’ve also just extended the medical dates so I do no think it is necessarily the same for everyone. 

Luis Dos Santos
2 hours ago, J bone said:

Ok that sounds good.

But will they always ask in a PPR email if you want to redo medicals?

Or only in close cases like you had.

I’m not sure as I can only speak from our personal experience...

36 minutes ago, PhilipCX said:

Reason I’m asking is we’ve got our PPR exactly a week before our medicals expired, which was the 14th of Feb and they didn’t mention anything of this, we’re now waiting for our passports to return.  Also I’ve seen someone else who they’ve also just extended the medical dates so I do no think it is necessarily the same for everyone. 

As far as I’m aware you have to make your landing BEFORE your medicals expire...if your medicals have already expired and you’re still waiting for passports you may run into some problems....I would take this up with CIC.

PhilipCX
1 hour ago, Luis Dos Santos said:

I’m not sure as I can only speak from our personal experience...

As far as I’m aware you have to make your landing BEFORE your medicals expire...if your medicals have already expired and you’re still waiting for passports you may run into some problems....I would take this up with CIC.

I’ve read on a few forums that the officer who handles your case has the authority to extend your medical clearance date, but it is on a case by case basis. I’ll wait for the passports to get back and see how they handled it. 

J bone

image.thumb.png.739d22cafb80a6ff555b84a3fa9f1613.png

Good day

I redid my medicals now, and the physician uploaded on eMedical, but I also want to submit onto my profile now. you mentioned "submit as case specific entry extra documents". 
Can you maybe advise a bit on how to do it? Struggling a bit to see anything like that online.

regards

J Bone

MaryJane
On 7/31/2020 at 9:14 AM, J bone said:

image.thumb.png.739d22cafb80a6ff555b84a3fa9f1613.png

Good day

I redid my medicals now, and the physician uploaded on eMedical, but I also want to submit onto my profile now. you mentioned "submit as case specific entry extra documents". 
Can you maybe advise a bit on how to do it? Struggling a bit to see anything like that online.

regards

J Bone

Here's the link to a form where you can submit changes to documentation: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

• Like 1

graciax452

Yep the link @MaryJane gave :)

Deirdre

Hi @graciax452

my friend and her family reveived PR even with medicals that were expired by 4 x months (thanks to the case officer) 

Our medicals Expired in November so now at 9 x months expired

But Im way to scared to redo voluntarily

We were advised to wait for the email

Edited by Deirdre