Sign in to follow this  
Jolandie

Missing Documents for PR Application

Jolandie

Hi Everyone

We have recently received our ITA for PR. We have been in Canada for over a year now and accumulated the required points by adding 1 year working experience. We are now getting all the documents ready for our PR application.

There is one thing that worries me and I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience. I was previously married and got divorced (11 years ago). I got remarried and have been for past 8 years. Unfortunately I lost the previous marriage and divorce certificate and it has been impossible trying to get it whilst living in Canada. I honestly don't know what else to do to get these documents. I would most likely submit an affidavit and my ex husband's divorce certificate etc. to state that I have tried to get these documents. What concerns me is that I know of someone who was recently declined for PR because they forgot to upload one of their children's birth certificate.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

graciax452

Upload what you have and the affidavit plus a comprehensive letter of Explanation explaining the steps ypu took to get he documentation but did not.