Sign in to follow this  
HeidiPatrick

South Africans living in Aus wanting to immigrate to Canada

HeidiPatrick

Hi All,

We are South African an living in Aus at the moment as my hubby got a job and we managed to get a PR visa. Aus was not my first option but that is was our option at the time. We used to own a farm in the Drakensberg, but safety became a huge issue. We had threats on our daughter and stock theft galore! We have been in Aus 14months now and are still wanting to move to Canada.

I have looked on the Canada immigration site but find the whole process very confusing. My husband is turning 48 this year and is a heavy duty mechanic (Diploma in Mechanical engineering through tech in South Africa). Unfortunately our IELTS have expired that we used for Aus so will have to redo those. From what I have researched the Express Entry is not an option as we don't get enough points because of hubby's age, and none of my studies es are recognised as a "skill".

Any suggestions on where we start the process and which is the best option to apply for that will give us PR? Where to look for jobs (those that Ihave looked up won't even consider unless you are Canadian or already have a visa)?

Any South Africans that have moved from Australia to Canada?

I have looked at the Alberta or British Columbia regions as options - anyone cane give me more info on these areas or pics please?

I'm studied Kinesiology in South Africa which is know as Applied Kinesiology in Canada and I'm an Equine sports massage and equine animal behaviour, so my field is alternate therapies with humans and horses.

Thank you all in advance:)