Sign in to follow this  
Oma

Architects in Canada (Especially Ontario)

Oma

Hi all,

I am new here and would like some guidance. We(My Husband, son and I) have received our PPR and submitted our passport at the Canadian Embassy awaiting CoPR. Any architect who can share their job hunt experience, I would like to learn a few tips that can help.  Thanks so much 

archiryan123

Hi Oma!

I'm an architectural technologist about to land in Ontario myself and was about to post the same question.

It seems you haven't had any feedback as yet, but perhaps in the near future. have you landed yet? We are set for March

Kind regards

Ryan

Oma

Hi Ryan,

We haven’t landed we r landing in May. I need to give adequate notice at my place of work hence the delay. 

Sadly no feedback yet. However I did some research myself and found that qualifications need to be vetted by the equivalent of SAQA. I don’t know if you know about this. Anyway this is a link to the website https://cacb.ca. Apparently no province would register you as an “intern architect” the equivalent of “candidate architect in SA” without this.

that’s all I know for now. If you have any information please share especially since you are landing early am sure you would know a lot more once on ground. 
Have a nice day.

Regards,

Oma