Margaret

Does anyone have advice regarding to choice of company for Tenant's Insurance? We are settling in Ontario.

GrantM

When I was a tenant I just went through my bank, RBC. Was like $35pm.

Margaret

Thank you GrantM, we had a look at RBC, but it appears the cheapest option they currently offer is $50pm which is a bit more than we currently have to insure.

GrantM
26 minutes ago, Margaret said:

Thank you GrantM, we had a look at RBC, but it appears the cheapest option they currently offer is $50pm which is a bit more than we currently have to insure.

Damn, we needed it for a month recently because we sold our house and the one we bought only closed a month later. That was $38 through Dejardins and included the apartment we stayed in and the storage unit we rented. However, I already had my cars and house insured through them...

Margaret

thank you! I’ll check them out...I have a decent quote from SquareOne, $25, but I have no idea what customer satisfaction with the company is.

KelvinK

Hi @Margaret. I have insurance from SquareOne - so far so good and well priced (you can select from a few options), although I've never had to submit a claim. On a totally useless note, I had insurance with Santam in SA - they were excellent. I had quite a few claims (car accident, cellphone stolen, etc.) and they never gave any problems with claims.

Margaret

Thank you KelvinK!