ZAtoCD

Police Clearance Delays

ZAtoCD

Hi all! :)

I sent my PCC forms to the Pretoria Records Centre last month via private courier (Aramex), and received confirmation from Aramex that the envelope had been delivered.

However, I've not received the acknowledgement SMS from SAPS to say that the docs have been received and are being processed. My local police station says Pretoria is experiencing processing delays at present. I've tried calling and emailing to no avail.

Should I be concerned? Is there anything else I can try?

mukulu

Hi @ZAtoCD, going through the same and unfortunately calling or emailing does not help as they don't bother replying to either. I personally submitted my form in Pretoria on the 3rd of December but only received the 1st sms on the 18th of December. Now waiting on the 2nd SMS and my due date is fast approaching. I was however told that if I don't get it in time I could upload the receipt and attach a Letter of Explanation (explaining why I do not have the PCC yet) then later on when the PCC get issued I can upload it using a webform.

MaryJane

Hi @ZAtoCD! I was going to suggest to phone and email (as those were the normal stuff I did when I waited for my PCC), but based according to @mukulu’s experience as well, they are no longer effective.

The other option perhaps is to personally visit and confirm if they’ve got it at the very least. Nothing like finding out way later that they’re not even working on your stuff at all. If you live quite far from Pretoria then this option might not be viable.

Tarryn8

Hi @ZAtoCD

If you have recieved the first sms, then you will be able to track your clearance certificate on the police website. You will use the ref number in the sms and your ID number. We saw ours was ready online and the second sms only came a couple days afterwards.

Trying to get ahold of them is an absolute nightmare as it just tends to ring and then cut you off. I've been successful once or twice previously but that was calling at about 7 30 am. Perhaps that will work for you too.

Best of luck!