mukulu

Happy New Year All

mukulu

Happy New Year All,

I recently joined the forum and thought it is only appropriate to introduce myself and wish all SACanadians a Happy New Year.

To give a bit of background, I am married, father of two and started considering a move to Canada in 2015 (even wrote IELTS) but could not at the time convince my significant other to leave SA. After years of convincing she finally agreed to the idea in May last year. We then proceeded with ECA evaluation of both our degrees through WES, which we got after about 45 days and wrote IELTS together (mine had already expired, wonder how my English knowledge could expire after two years but that’s a discussion for another day) in September. Unfortunately, with the current CRS score cut-offs we did not have enough points for an ITA although we both had CLB9. We then decided to go for TEF Canada (as we both speak French) we were luckier with the TEF Canada and I got a CLB10 this allowed us to have enough point for an ITA which we received in the draw of the 27th of November 2019. We are now going through the process of collecting all documents to submit the e-APR.

I have on many occasions received invaluable information from this forum and hope to contribute with the little I know.

Thank you all

Nelline

Welcome and congrats on the ITA!

mukulu

Many Thanks

Eric N

Hi @mukulu,Happy New Year to you too.Just a reminder, but I am sure than u already know:do not use the police clearence from the embassy,it is not accepted.Get the one from your home country.

MaryJane

Welcome to the forums, @mukulu!

All the best with the rest of your immigration journey.

mukulu

@Eric N Many thanks, yes I was told that I needed to get one from home, now the funny thing is that I applied for it after the SA PCC but I already have it while I am still waiting on the SA PCC

• Like 1

mukulu

@MaryJane Many thanks